Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Gentleman asked me to review a prototype HD filter adapter (elbow) for him and here are the results...

At first glance it looks really good.
IMG_20201110_133619100.jpg

Let's get a little deeper and see what is if it's a goodie or not.
The outside where it makes contact with the air filter is about .030" larger in diameter than the original on my saw. Otherwise the inside and the bolt pattern measure up fine.
IMG_20201110_134704803.jpg
IMG_20201110_134712710.jpg

Now will it fit? Yes it does with no hitches of any kind.
IMG_20201110_135303850.jpg

So the question was, will the air filter fit? The answer is yes, it did require a bit of extra effort on my part to install compared to the original.
IMG_20201110_135507705.jpg

I did follow through and start the saw and cut with it just to confirm what seemed plain to see that it works fine.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Gentleman my thoughts on this adapter are if it stays within specs and doesn't get any larger during manufacturing it would be okay, otherwise the neck diameter could be reduced by up to the .030". Other than that it's spot on, even the plastic looks identical.
Once you do get this in your store to sell you may consider putting together a 3 piece kit, filter, adapter and clamp to offer for sale as well as individually. As the bolt pattern to this is quite common to other carbs and could be an option for some other saw's out there that guys are messing around with.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fact that it's a little larger OD might be a good thing - when those filters get quite a few hours on them, the neck on them where they bolt to the adapter tends to stretch (also from guys over-tightening the clamp).

On high-hour landing or falling saws, I've always noticed the filters get sloppy where they clamp on.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Gentleman asked me to review a prototype HD filter adapter (elbow) for him and here are the results...

At first glance it looks really good.
View attachment 266410

Let's get a little deeper and see what is if it's a goodie or not.
The outside where it makes contact with the air filter is about .030" larger in diameter than the original on my saw. Otherwise the inside and the bolt pattern measure up fine.
View attachment 266414
View attachment 266419

Now will it fit? Yes it does with no hitches of any kind.
View attachment 266420

So the question was, will the air filter fit? The answer is yes, it did require a bit of extra effort on my part to install compared to the original.
View attachment 266421

I did follow through and start the saw and cut with it just to confirm what seemed plain to see that it works fine.
What size filter clamps are those
Mine are oversized.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fact that it's a little larger OD might be a good thing - when those filters get quite a few hours on them, the neck on them where they bolt to the adapter tends to stretch (also from guys over-tightening the clamp).

On high-hour landing or falling saws, I've always noticed the filters get sloppy where they clamp on.

That was another thought, I wouldn't be surprised if the variation came from Husqvarna itself. I figured it would be less prone to cracking too.

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Gentleman my thoughts on this adapter are if it stays within specs and doesn't get any larger during manufacturing it would be okay, otherwise the neck diameter could be reduced by up to the .030". Other than that it's spot on, even the plastic looks identical.
Once you do get this in your store to sell you may consider putting together a 3 piece kit, filter, adapter and clamp to offer for sale as well as individually. As the bolt pattern to this is quite common to other carbs and could be an option for some other saw's out there that guys are messing around with.
Thank you. The 3 piece kit is a good idea.