Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was either that or that one guy from Michigan cut the line in 2 wif his concrete chainsaw....:facepalm::eusa_doh:

Those northerners.....sorta like hemorrhoids.

Ain't so bad if they come down, then go back up. If they come down and stay...than they get to be a real pain in the ass.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He said it usually tells him how far the light travels before it encounters a bad connection, or break. On mine, the meter read zero.

He was at a loss.....

So, he just left. LOL

I'd be asking for a discount on my monthly bill having to put up with that poor service.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pintail 120, just my suggestion. - Randy has spent some time dialing in these carbs. It is not just the high speed needle, he's done a bunch of other work to fine tune the carb. - He has that experience, it takes time to get the 'feel' for what is going on with the fuel mixture. - You can 'bolt on' that experience.

The whole modded carb, in my opinion, is a cheap purchase, you can't duplicate it without spending a heap of time to figure it all out.

If I had one of these saws, the first purchase would be one of Randy's carbs. Then a muffler mod and making sure the air cleaner can actually flow. You may find after those mods that 'porting' really isn't necessary.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pintail 120, just my suggestion. - Randy has spent some time dialing in these carbs. It is not just the high speed needle, he's done a bunch of other work to fine tune the carb. - He has that experience, it takes time to get the 'feel' for what is going on with the fuel mixture. - You can 'bolt on' that experience.

The whole modded carb, in my opinion, is a cheap purchase, you can't duplicate it without spending a heap of time to figure it all out.

If I had one of these saws, the first purchase would be one of Randy's carbs. Then a muffler mod and making sure the air cleaner can actually flow. You may find after those mods that 'porting' really isn't necessary.

I'm sending him a needle, spring, brass washer, o-ring, and a new main nozzle.

He should be able to use this thread and those parts to make it work.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've done it without the channel.....and sometimes it will run lean. It depends on just how much fuel it's pulling.
Very nice work. Now can someone do that Chanel to a different carb if they wish to or is it spusific to that carburetor it's a great idea and I've got a carb that I wouldn't mind doing that to if it would help any.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I apologize in advance if it has been asked... But the channel you cut for a fuel passage, do you do this on any other carbs (for normal work saw builds), and is it noticeable (or just for extra security). I've wondered before, and figured this would be the perfect place to ask. I know I rarely post, but I have learned quite a bit from your posting. I read more than I post these days, but thank you for this thread.
Lol. You beat me to the punch.

Pintail120

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm sending him a needle, spring, brass washer, o-ring, and a new main nozzle.

He should be able to use this thread and those parts to make it work.

Thank you Randy for sending the parts, I am awfully grateful.
I have done a lot of work on the WG8 over the last ten years so hopefully I should be able to successfully carry out your mod.
I will let you know how I get on.
The only other item I might struggle with is the guide tube to drill the hole into the mainjet area.
Do you know the ID and OD of that little sleeve/tube ?
Could you please tell me the size of the drill you used inside the sleeve / tube ?

thanks
Gavin

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you Randy for sending the parts, I am awfully grateful.
I have done a lot of work on the WG8 over the last ten years so hopefully I should be able to successfully carry out your mod.
I will let you know how I get on.
The only other item I might struggle with is the guide tube to drill the hole into the mainjet area.
Do you know the ID and OD of that little sleeve/tube ?
Could you please tell me the size of the drill you used inside the sleeve / tube ?

thanks
Gavin

Yes sir. As soon as I get a few minutes I'll post that info here in this thread.