How hot is too hot?

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have cut in 90* several times. Just make sure they are clean in cooling areas tune em and run em. I do nothing real different, they do seem hotter to the touch but they don't seem to mind much. My tune is usually pretty sharp and saws are always clean, never a problem except some vapor lock

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually wouldn't mind getting out to cut some before I go to give this saw (husqvarna 455) to my dad. It just came back from the dealer for a carb rebuild and fuel lines before I bought it. So I think it be a good thing to run it some to make sure it's perfect. Anyone around metro detroit need some wood cut?

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I feel that if you are outside all the time you get acclimated to the heat and cold pretty quickly . A 70' day in summer feels really cool, and a 70' day in winter feels hot. I work outside a ton, and find that the first really hot or cold days kinda suck, after a week or two it isn't that bad.

Just my thoughts. Very nice to dunk in a cool pool in summer, seems to give energy right back. Also I am a big fan of taking 4-5 cotton tee shirts on really hot days and changing them once saturated!!!

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best pace yourself brother.
I do, take frequent breaks for water or Gatorade. I get more tired loading the truck by picking up the bigger chunks and have to get a breather. especially if I have to walk a bit to the truck. a lot easier if I can pull right to the tree, sometimes that don't happen though.

blackop555

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
90 today I was cutting. Had to use the 576 the ms250 kept throwing chains. Idk

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I avoid chainsawing if at all possible in the summer. I bucked up and split a couple monster beech trees and hauled the brush on a bit of a hangover last summer. 90 degrees F and 90% humidity but job had to get done. One of the worst days of my life, never again.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I avoid chainsawing if at all possible in the summer. I bucked up and split a couple monster beech trees and hauled the brush on a bit of a hangover last summer. 90 degrees F and 90% humidity but job had to get done. One of the worst days of my life, never again.
Well my coffee roasting business has picked up enough I need to cut so I have enough oak and hickory for all that amazing coffee.