How do I get a Husqvarna rep?

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I started working as a small engine tech at a farm store for winter work, it's interesting that this store sells Stihl and Husqvarna full line. Like all kinds of equipment and from ms170's and 455 ranchers to 500i's and 592xp's, but apparently we don't have a Husqvarna rep, just a parts dealer. My superiors have told me it's been difficult to get ahold of anyone from Husqvarna. Does anyone here know anything about how a dealer gets ahold of a rep? I'm not trying to go over or around anyone, but I would like to understand the situation better and help in some way because not having access to a proper rep makes my job a little more complicated trying to get ahold of information and tools I need to do the job.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You might try Husqvqrna USA for main Us offices

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you log into your dealer page, on the lower left you should be able to click on "my sales rep info" and get his contact information.

Where are you located? Our rep was let go a couple months back and as of the end of the year had not been replaced.

Second thing is what kind of help are you hoping for from him? Some are woefully bad on tech matters. (Ours was actually pretty good) Tech support is usually pretty good, but there are some zeros down there. What blows is that you can't dial in to anyone specific. Every call goes in the cue.

In most cases, it pays to do your own research. Every service document ever produced is in there. Upper right hand corner is search box. Click on service documents first. If you want special tools, they are found in the workshop manual for each individual saw. Format to type is "WM, 572". Service bulletins are "SB, 572". Don't forget the comma and the space. This is also where all of the ipl's for the old saws are located.

Other issue is based on dollar volume. Used to be that under $50,000 dealers got no rep. There was talk that was going to be raised to $100,000, but I don't know if that ever happened. Calling customer service is like tech service with the hit and miss thing, only more of the misses. When you call, have to have your dealer number to get clear of the consumer reps.

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you log into your dealer page, on the lower left you should be able to click on "my sales rep info" and get his contact information.

Where are you located? Our rep was let go a couple months back and as of the end of the year had not been replaced.

Second thing is what kind of help are you hoping for from him? Some are woefully bad on tech matters. (Ours was actually pretty good) Tech support is usually pretty good, but there are some zeros down there. What blows is that you can't dial in to anyone specific. Every call goes in the cue.

In most cases, it pays to do your own research. Every service document ever produced is in there. Upper right hand corner is search box. Click on service documents first. If you want special tools, they are found in the workshop manual for each individual saw. Format to type is "WM, 572". Service bulletins are "SB, 572". Don't forget the comma and the space. This is also where all of the ipl's for the old saws are located.

Other issue is based on dollar volume. Used to be that under $50,000 dealers got no rep. There was talk that was going to be raised to $100,000, but I don't know if that ever happened. Calling customer service is like tech service with the hit and miss thing, only more of the misses. When you call, have to have your dealer number to get clear of the consumer reps.

So the store is a chain of farm stores with 13/14 locations but I'm located in Northern Wisconsin, the main things I'm currently looking for dealer support for is getting ahold of the new carb adjustment tools/cst, and answering some questions about product registrations. Mostly it just seemed weird to me that none of our stores apparently have a "rep" in the same way we do for Stihl, DeWalt, Milwaukee, ect. Also I'm pretty sure every single one of these stores make comfortably over $50k in sales every year just from what I know of our inventory and what I've seen just in the last 2 weeks.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could be that your store group buys through a corporate account rather than Husky themselves. Individual stores may not have or see a rep. How does that shake out for the auto-tune saws? Can you plug them in and install firmware on new carbs?

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could be that your store group buys through a corporate account rather than Husky themselves. Individual stores may not have or see a rep. How does that shake out for the auto-tune saws? Can you plug them in and install firmware on new carbs?

So I checked where you said and sure enough there was contact information for a rep so I sent that guy an email and he ended up giving us contact information for another guy because he was out of the office for the next week but it looks like we might actually have a rep. This particular storefront has only been open for about a year and one of the reasons I was so keen on trying to get a hold of a rep was because we don't have any hardware or software for common service tool. Heck we only have MDG1 for our Stihl stuff, none of the newer diagnostic equipment. This store chain is a really great company and they really pride themselves on the fact that all of their stores have full service shops that will service any and all small equipment which is why it was frustrating and baffling to me that we didn't have what we needed to really do the basics of most Husqvarna things

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's good news. Things ought to fall into place now. If I can be of any more help, don't hesitate to ask.

On those splined adjustment tools, each dealer is allowed to buy 4 per year. Not sure how that affects an account with multiple stores like yours. It's an epa thing, as it's considered a "defeat device" and not supposed to be sold to the public. Yet, you can buy dozens of them online.

Saw_Squatch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's good news. Things ought to fall into place now. If I can be of any more help, don't hesitate to ask.

On those splined adjustment tools, each dealer is allowed to buy 4 per year. Not sure how that affects an account with multiple stores like yours. It's an epa thing, as it's considered a "defeat device" and not supposed to be sold to the public. Yet, you can buy dozens of them online.
I've been making due with a bic ball point pen for now, it gets the job done lol and I appreciate the help!