Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just goin to peen them, like the old timers... I don't experiment with chain anyway, I run stihl RM

Just you wait. If you're like the rest of us, you'll be wondering if full skip would work better in that soft maple, or maybe semi skip. Then you'll need to try full chisel since it's faster. Then you'll start thinking about square filing...

Take the blue pill to end your membership here and return to life as you knew it (this choice also means selling those new big saws).

Take the red pill to begin your journey down the rabbit hole.
Red_and_blue_pill.jpg

junkman

Crush it
Local time
4:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Theres ann 063 24" bar right now for 130 in the ads. I gave like 80 for my .050 from f150. I bought two of those and 10 chains, gave my dad a bar and 4 chains for christmas.
.050 should be fine for a 24 inch bar for oiling ,the longer bars 28 and longer is where i go to .063

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
7:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Theres ann 063 24" bar right now for 130 in the ads. I gave like 80 for my .050 from f150. I bought two of those and 10 chains, gave my dad a bar and 4 chains for christmas.
If he hits a logging chain from 1922,
c1074dd5409fd328e6374724e9ea0daa.jpg
And trashes a few cutters, with the same gauge, he can remove the bad section, & use on a shorter bar.

OP,
If you will be patient, you can swap one for the other.

If not, give those to your dad so you can be completely responsible for your chains being dull: as it is now, there's a 50% chance somebody else did it. [emoji851]

2 Rings & A Flattop, LLC Test Dummy

unionvillecountryboy

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just you wait. If you're like the rest of us, you'll be wondering if full skip would work better in that soft maple, or maybe semi skip. Then you'll need to try full chisel since it's faster. Then you'll start thinking about square filing...

Take the blue pill to end your membership here and return to life as you knew it (this choice also means selling those new big saws).

Take the red pill to begin your journey down the rabbit hole.
View attachment 50607

I don't know, I was pretty impressed with how well a sharp RM cut haha.