High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Grandson needed a saw!

Ironworker

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That's actually a good idea, I'm sure he's gonna really appreciate it when his time to use it comes.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is flat out just cool!! For what it cost it will give him so many hours of quality value, and all along in the back of his mind he will know 'my granpa gave me this'! Good on you!!

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 9017 Have a 9 year old grandson that one day will need a saw,so I thought I would buy him one for when he comes of age.View attachment 9016
You're a good Grandpaw. Wish I had my Grandpaw's Logging saw. Since you got him a great saw might as well get him a high quality axe.....Gransfor Bruks from Sweden. I fortunately have both of my Grandpaws axes they used during their Logging career. One is a double-bit the other is a single-bit. My Dad only had the heads but I put hickory handles in them and they're always in my truck when I head to the woods.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Now you need to get him a 346, should be light enough that he can use it in a year or two. Save the BIG saw as a graduation present.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny thing is with epa restriction on new saws, when he is older and his cutting buddies have the latest saws they think are great, they may just get a suprize when they notice your grandson zipping through wood with that ol 372xp, and when he puts a larger or smaller bar on he can get a little screwdriver thingie and tune it for greater performance. They may also get a surprize holding it and noticing its 2/3rd of the weight of their saw.lol. A toolkit with some vital spares like clutch springs, carb kits, fuel lines, gaskets, spark plugs, needle bearing, fuel/oil filters, air filter, scrench, starter cord, mini grease gun, sprockets (various pitches), calibrated mix jug and a few Wiha hand tools would ensure he gets the service life out of his 372 it deserves. That saw will be NLA one day and OEM spares may be expensive and hard to find. Look the saw itself is enough of a good thoughtful gift, but a box of spares hidden in your basement would make for a cool 18th or 21st gift.

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny thing is with epa restriction on new saws, when he is older and his cutting buddies have the latest saws they think are great, they may just get a suprize when they notice your grandson zipping through wood with that ol 372xp, and when he puts a larger or smaller bar on he can get a little screwdriver thingie and tune it for greater performance. They may also get a surprize holding it and noticing its 2/3rd of the weight of their saw.lol. A toolkit with some vital spares like clutch springs, carb kits, fuel lines, gaskets, spark plugs, needle bearing, fuel/oil filters, air filter, scrench, starter cord, mini grease gun, sprockets (various pitches), calibrated mix jug and a few Wiha hand tools would ensure he gets the service life out of his 372 it deserves. That saw will be NLA one day and OEM spares may be expensive and hard to find. Look the saw itself is enough of a good thoughtful gift, but a box of spares hidden in your basement would make for a cool 18th or 21st gift.
that was my thoughts. who would have thought a nib 288 would cost over a grand!