Gasket sealant suggestions

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I know what everyone like to use when deleting the base gasket. But I’m keeping the gasket on a 390xp. I’m at total newb. Its virtually brand new (maybe 1 hour) and I took it apart just to learn. Anyways I’m putting it back together and just wanted to know what y’all use that works. What does Husqvarna use at the factory ?? And can I use the same gasket again since it’s brand new or do I need to buy another one ?? Thanks.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use motoseal. Many other good brands other's use. You can use that gasket, new ones are cheap though. Either way you need to vacuum check that case. Or do what every you want, it's not my saw. Nothing special in a 390, I would not of opened it up until needed. Doing muffler mods, looks like husky uses motoseal colored sealant.

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I bought it of eBay and I had to make sure I wasn’t getting hosed. It 100% what it was supposed to be. Plus I want to start taking on project saws and I needed the experience. I found it very ez. So far anyways.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I use the gasket I do not use any sealer, I reuse gaskets never had one leak, provided it was not damaged.

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I use the gasket I do not use any sealer, I reuse gaskets never had one leak, provided it was not damaged.
Interesting. The factory put something on there although I don’t think it was sealant. Maybe just grease, not sure what it was.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I know what everyone like to use when deleting the base gasket. But I’m keeping the gasket on a 390xp. I’m at total newb. Its virtually brand new (maybe 1 hour) and I took it apart just to learn. Anyways I’m putting it back together and just wanted to know what y’all use that works. What does Husqvarna use at the factory ?? And can I use the same gasket again since it’s brand new or do I need to buy another one ?? Thanks.
If your saw is that new, and if it didn’t get damaged when you removed the cylinder, then you should be able to reuse the gasket (no additional sealant). For clamshell saws or saws I ditch the gasket on, I use Dirko HT.
BCAE9BA0-7C06-4851-9FA9-62FDD1BA8DB0.png

magicrat

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys thanks for the help. I reassembled everything and used the gasket again. Saw has good compression and works perfectly. I didn’t use any sealant just the gasket. Had to turn the oiler down a bit. It works tho LoL. Great first experience tearing a saw down and putting it back together. I learned anyone can do it. I assure everyone I am in the bottom 1% of being mechanically inclined. I don’t even know how to change oil on my car. ‍♂️

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husky uses a gray rubbery sealant (like Yamabond 4) under the front and rear of the base gasket where the case halves meet. None under the rest of the gasket though

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husky uses a gray rubbery sealant (like Yamabond 4) under the front and rear of the base gasket where the case halves meet. None under the rest of the gasket though
Think you mean, like Motoseal.:);)

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is good stuff. pb-hylomar-m-80ml-kullagret-2022_grande.jpg