srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
11:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the one i lost ,i hope it turns up when i start cleaning up ,the little notch on the side pulls nails real nice .Had a wood handle also ,,but one side of the nail claw broke off
2500112_2000x2000.jpg

That's the one most of my friends framing crew uses. They complain about the grip coming loose or getting worn but they are cheaply replaced by the local supplier. If they don't use this hammer they probably have a hickory handle titanium Stiletto or they spend most of their time pushing a broom.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
8:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the one most of my friends framing crew uses. They complain about the grip coming loose or getting worn but they are cheaply replaced by the local supplier. If they don't use this hammer they probably have a hickory handle titanium Stiletto or they spend most of their time pushing a broom.
The waffle face that's bolted on comes loose sometimes also ,the lightness sure is nice though .

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was at the lumber store ,held what hammers they had in stock ,they did not have the black stilletto i wanted i liked a blue estwing actually 25 oz with extra long handle ,had a good feel to it in weight ,then the salesman showed me one i was not even looking at called a Dalluge ,he said the contractors have been going from stilletto to tdalluge (2).JPG dalluge 2 .JPG dalluge.JPG his brand and seem to like it ,I tried it out last night ,it is well balanced ,handle had a decent feel ,and has a sideways nail puller ,I did not even look at them because they are not traditional looking hammers i am used to in the shape ,the horseshoe shaped waffle face is a little different also ,the thing is super light also ,using the hammer holder in my jeans the other hammers were actually pulling my pants down from weight ,this one was hardly noticeable it was there compared to those .

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Estwings are the greatest, no?

just built a new operator deck on our processor with mine yesterday...worked great!
I thought you were the greatest ,i came real close to grabbing the estwing also ,it was only 45 bucks so i may get it just because i like it

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
10:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought a hart 16 ounce waffle face last night to replace the Vaughn I lost and the dead on I bent. It has the magnetic nail holder and a sideways nail puller. It has a nice long handle which I prefer and seems like a decent hammer. Time will tell. I was hope to try the Milwaukee hammer but the store I was at didn't carry them

Aciera

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm a simple man.
20 oz Vaughn waffle face framer. For since I can remember. Lol

earlthegoat2

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used an Estwing solid steel hammer a lot. I have also used the Estwing wooden handled California style framer. For pure framing I like the wooden handle. Larger head, flat waffle as opposed to a lot of the other wooden handled framer with have a slightly domed waffle face. The larger handle is nice for driving nails because you don't have to grip as hard as on the rubber steel Estwing.

For general purpose, it is the all steel Estwing. You can use it as a framer, stake driver, mini sledge, etc. I poured concrete walls for a time and I don't think a Stiletto would have stood up to that work. That is just not what a Stiletto is designed for.

When I built my garage over the course of 10 months, I sweat so much and so often that my steel Estwing started rusting.....bad. From just being in my hand and in my hammer loop. I have taken a wire wheel to it and wiped it down with machine oil but it still rusts. I am positive a few thousandths of an inch have rusted off all exposed surfaces. It actually feels lighter even. That is a case for a titanium hammer I suppose.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
East wing. Had it long enough wouldn't have a clue what weight it even is. It rusts when I'm not using it. But when I do use it it brightens back up