Awesome! What ever works. :applaudit:

Nice lookin slab too.

walkdog

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Aux oiler kit will be $60 you really won’t regret spending.

Really liking the idea of a forklift scheme to speed up first cut setup on shorter logs. Hell, a couple long bits of box tubing large enough to slide the forks into with a few horizontal braces welded in, and you could setup first cuts on longer logs lightning fast as well...

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Always wondered what those long boat lift forks could be used for. Nice deal on the short chunks. I'm going to be using that with my forklift very soon.
Making up a steel carriage to set on my logs with the forklift seems like a no-brainer after reviewing your thread here. All good ideas.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wax on the forks helps. I gotta lengthen my Alaskan for bigger logs and get them milled before they dry and split on me. It's already in the 90s, blast it.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I admire people who have the patience to mill with a chain saw.
I do not. But it’s all I have at the moment. Sometimes it’s the only way. @Benwa fells and mills on-site in places that can’t be reached with equipment and they carry the boards out.

Maybe next winter will build a bandsaw mill.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually have a couple more logs to mill before it gets too hot and they split. But I’m not sure the Alaskan I have is wide enough.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got into the WiFi here at the RV park. Only one thing got done this morning, fuggin rain, so I jacked the new Kubota for the day to skid and move some logs around. About to go rip off a 27ft beam and load that on my trailer. Next will be setting up the log pile to mill yellow cedar, some oaks and spalted maple that got dropped in the swamp last week by the playground. Snatched out some yellow pine this morning in 1.5-1' x 17' logs for lumber.
Boss man said "mill us some while your at it."
Told him first we need to be set up the rack for logs to roll them down to make my life easy. Sew... another Sunday in the books for logs.

Just finished my second lunch :) burp...