High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Epoxy exhaust port?

clifforion

New OPE Member
Local time
2:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi there, how is everyone today? This is my first post here so bare with me....

This is a several part question......

I have a 462 and I have cleaned up all the casting marks and slightly made the exhaust port wider with a ignition advance and a base gasket delete with muffler mod. I ended up with .017 squish. I think it runs well.

I did not have a degree wheel when I last took it apart.

I have heard on here that a lower exhaust seems to be the way to gain torque...

Jb weld has ultra high temp epoxy rated at 2000 degrees....

Whats the thoughts on something like this to lower the exhaust? I may not need to after I put the degree wheel on..just thinking right now and curious where I want to go with this. I can live with it the way it is just thinking forward and really want more torque.

I will be honest I am more interested on the epoxy question more just out of curiosity.

Thanks for your time
Keith

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my experience you will gain torque, however unless you have a way too much duration you won't gain a huge amount. The 462 is a bit higher stock than I'd like, but not as bad as the last 390 I did. As mentioned machining is the best option, I would not use epoxy on the exhaust on a work saw, it's common on cookie cutters and piped saws.

clifforion

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank everyone for your responses sorry I didn't reply sooner.

At this point I am probably going to leave well enough alone....but trying something new/different I am sure will get the best of me sooner than later.

This is a great and informative site thanks everyone.

Keith