High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Educate me - Solo 611.

Jimsz

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I got it sorted out, put the original metering spring in and all is well. Pop off pressure almost pegs my gauge, right at 30 psi, seems strange to me but that's what it took. Ran almost a full tank through it yesterday and it cuts good for a 47cc saw, many cuts in a 15" pine with a 4" fat core. Had to touch the chain up after I got it clean.

jjdlc

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to hear you got it sorted. Sorry I never responded, I haven’t been on here in several weeks.

I finally got my hands on a small mount Stihl bar (A074) on a 192tc I picked up at auction. It fits almost perfectly, will need to drill out the tensioner/oil holes about 1 maybe 2 mm, slightly towards the outside edge of the bar. Hopefully I’ll have some time soon to get these two going.

Last edited:

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your two 611VA's look good, like not much used. There isn't much info on the earlier Solo's, and some of it is contradictory. Part of the problem is that Solo used 611 for the earlier twin as well as for these single cylinder ones. One source says the 611Va dates from 1967, another says from 1976. I've had two, one red one orange. Believe the earlier ones came in orange and black, until a company with name also starting in "S" complained. My orange one has serial number 20xx.

Sprocket should be .325. There's only one 8mm bar stud. There is a screw at the top of the side cover also, and maybe a long screw towards the back of the side cover, before cover can come off. My 611VA has a Solo 6900249 bar on (that is the Solo part number for the bar). The lever on the side cover is for the adjustable oil pump.

Carburetor linkage is a pain to work on, so getting to carb to clean it is not easy. Cleaned carb on the red one recently to then sell it as non-op, buyer later had it running.

A bad copy of a 611VA manual is at http://www.solo-germany.de/gba_download/gba_archiv/gba_auswahl_ie.html

Look down the list for "motorsaegen/chainsaw/...", then "alte dateien/old files" under "610VA/611VA". It's in German.

There was once an 611VA IPL online in German, don't know if it would still be there. Couldn't find it again.

Anyone know how to get ahold of @stihlsolo?

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any particular reason?
He posted in a gtg thread a couple months ago on AS that he lives in the mountains near me. I was stoked to get to meet a real life sawhead in person (he was pretty active there) but that was his last time on the forum. I hope the rona or something didn’t get him.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He posted in a gtg thread a couple months ago on AS that he lives in the mountains near me. I was stoked to get to meet a real life sawhead in person (he was pretty active there) but that was his last time on the forum. I hope the rona or something didn’t get him.

I see. I'll send you a message.