High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo CS590 after the bar oil now I seized it.

dfphoto

OPE Member
Local time
10:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello group,

So, if you were glued to my original bar oil in the gas tank topic, you'll love this one. I wanted to update you all, used the saw last week and realized two things...
Czar was 100% right and my needle lever was not adjusted correctly and thus my saw was not running correctly. I used it anyway and my luck the last 1/4 tank of gas from my 1 gallon of pre-mix plus the hot weather and maybe my carb tuning resulted in a seized motor. My local shop is going to see if it is covered under warranty (probably not). So here's my question:

I see some different options on replacement parts, I'm learning on saws you don't bore the cylinders and put larger pistons you replace everything. wondering if it would be cheaper on labor if I bought a complete bottom end that has the cylinder, the crank etc I see it for 150-170 vs a cylinder and piston etc which go for about the same. Is the labor more to replace the starter and clutch vs just the cylinder etc?

Really appreciate your help again... ended up buying a new CS590 but with that cost plus fixing this one I'm really in the hole on $ this one was only 10 months old real dumb beginner move on my part.

Thanks, David

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello group,

So, if you were glued to my original bar oil in the gas tank topic, you'll love this one. I wanted to update you all, used the saw last week and realized two things...
Czar was 100% right and my needle lever was not adjusted correctly and thus my saw was not running correctly. I used it anyway and my luck the last 1/4 tank of gas from my 1 gallon of pre-mix plus the hot weather and maybe my carb tuning resulted in a seized motor. My local shop is going to see if it is covered under warranty (probably not). So here's my question:

I see some different options on replacement parts, I'm learning on saws you don't bore the cylinders and put larger pistons you replace everything. wondering if it would be cheaper on labor if I bought a complete bottom end that has the cylinder, the crank etc I see it for 150-170 vs a cylinder and piston etc which go for about the same. Is the labor more to replace the starter and clutch vs just the cylinder etc?

Really appreciate your help again... ended up buying a new CS590 but with that cost plus fixing this one I'm really in the hole on $ this one was only 10 months old real dumb beginner move on my part.

Thanks, David
I'm a czar now
I'm honored.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello group,

Thanks, David
Don't sweat it take your time finding parts the right deals will come along.
Clean up the transfer in the cylinder
Several methods just ask
It's all cake to work on those saws.
I put a hl supply Chinese aftermarket piston in one for a firewood guy
Three year's ago still running fine.

I ran the piss out of my 590
For over six year's
Tough saws no issues.
For longevity put a regular o ring under the air filter to keep fine dust out.