FOUND IT Early 066 flat top cylinder

Trader history (0)

smcrow

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
ISO: Stihl 066 cylinder. And older one without the decomp valve port. Willing to buy one with transfer as long as it can be cleaned up to be usable.

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
10:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can use tbe decomp cylinders on a flat top.
Just plug the decomp hole.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That’s hit or miss in them. I had both a decomp and flat top with good numbers and flat top with horrible numbers
Hope that holds true. I put this last edition 066 to a quick shake down today. It will out pull any 660 here. Nothing done to it but a hyway muffler. Same as the factory DP. I drilled a few holes in the baffle. This metal wheel saw has some ass and has a plugged decomp jug. As far as I can tell it is a thick base original jug flat top saw. It could have been done at the dealer a long time ago. It is just itching for wheel time to see waz up.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You never know until you time them. I’ve seen 95 in a non decomp jug For exhaust. Which is fine to me. Some others not so much

smcrow

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is going to be my first 066 build, I’ve never really been a big Stihl fan but for some reason have always wanted to see what the hype was on these older 066 saws. The builder i bought had a cylinder that had a time sert done on the plug that got stripped out. Was going to send the cylinder off to a guy who welds them up and rethreads the hole but when i pulled the cylinder i noticed the chrome plating had worn through on the intake side. Was very disappointed.

Attachments

• 6A9D2356-4138-4EFD-A3EB-351C9B7C35AC.jpeg
    6A9D2356-4138-4EFD-A3EB-351C9B7C35AC.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 29

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is going to be my first 066 build, I’ve never really been a big Stihl fan but for some reason have always wanted to see what the hype was on these older 066 saws. The builder i bought had a cylinder that had a time sert done on the plug that got stripped out. Was going to send the cylinder off to a guy who welds them up and rethreads the hole but when i pulled the cylinder i noticed the chrome plating had worn through on the intake side. Was very disappointed.
Bummer man. Let me know if you want to sell it.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If i do sell it will be after i build it.
I'm interested in the worn jug. Each time I ask for one people think I want to buy their saw or build them one. I'm interested in worn out and gouged jugs with transfer and worn off plating. Hope that was crystal clear this time.

smcrow

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm interested in the worn jug. Each time I ask for one people think I want to buy their saw or build them one. I'm interested in worn out and gouged jugs with transfer and worn off plating. Hope that was crystal clear this time.
Gotcha, I’m picking up what your putting down now. Shoot me a PM