Dolmar 64xx/73xx/79xx series, smurfs and solo 665/675/681 thread

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like a simple ebough mod. I like it.

A little poleman mod on the jet too.

Reminds me I need a couple junk zamas...
Mitch’s video explains and visually shows it better than I could. Different saw, but same concept...
I don’t go quite as thin as he does on the shafts, I stay on the conservative side.

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's interesting. He only uses a grinder to do all that. When he describes the metering side of the carb then shows what he did that really makes sense. Big difference between stock and modified when he shows the comparison.

Hulsty

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you go with the oiling? On occasion I run a 28'' bar, after a full tank of fuel I still have about 1inch oil in the tank. I thought it would use more.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I modified the oiler on mine to put out more for a 32” bar. I explained in detail how to do it earlier in my thread right here. That said the stock pump is “adequate” for 20-28” unless the plastic oiler adjust nub is worn down in a high hour saw. I got about 6 months logging use out of a oiler nub before it wore out which is kind of disappointing. I wish they made them out of metal instead. That said, they aren’t difficult to replace. I believe I also posted how to change it out here. You might have to do some digging back earlier in the thread.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you go with the oiling? On occasion I run a 28'' bar, after a full tank of fuel I still have about 1inch oil in the tank. I thought it would use more.
With the oiler wide open:
- 7900 will use up the fuel and still have oil in the tank
- 7310 will use up both tanks nearly equally
- 6400 will use up all the oil and continue cutting, I choked the oil pump down so she uses less oil in order to be able to spend the whole fuel tank

You can use thinner oil, opening up the bars oiler hole also helps as it reduces back pressure.
I am not modding the oil pumps on mine, they are fine the way they are with the limiter.

Try running a 9010, those things are gushing oil and peeing themselves while idling! ;)

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
2:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
- 6400 will use up all the oil and continue cutting, I choked the oil pump down so she uses less oil in order to be able to spend the whole fuel tank

You can use thinner oil, opening up the bars oiler hole also helps as it reduces back pressure.
I am not modding the oil pumps on mine, they are fine the way they are with the limiter.

Try running a 9010, those things are gushing oil and peeing themselves while idling! ;)
Cuz the oil pump is crank-gear driven not clutch driven..:rolleyes:

Hulsty

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks, that is the experience I have had, saw was a 6401.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Putting this thread back on the spot light, I just ran a tank of fuel thru my Rattler 7910. Thank you @dolmarkid for an awesome saw!!! She's runnin a bit fat in the cut. $-strokin a tad bit...... but that's a good thing for now. I believe she's not broken in yet. Put my 24" Stihl B&C on her so I could play. I took a cotter pin and made an adapter out of it to take up the slack in the Stihl Do25 bar mount. Seems like she didn't like the Stihl chisel grind to much. Not a fresh chain but still sharp. Ran through the fuel fairly quick compared to what I'm used to.
I'm very happy with this girl overall. She still needs a name.....

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@RI Chevy Stop in the Name that saw thread in the general section and cast your vote, or even nominate another name.