High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Does big block 046 require case alteration?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not me. I'd rather get kicked in the sack than mess with BB kits.

:patadaenwevs:

If you put a big block kit on the 046 does it require a piston modification or maybe a case opening? Seems like the bottom of the piston does not clear. This is aftermarket stuff. Who has done it? Mike

If it doesn't bolt right on and go, it's probably not worth messing with. Talk with where you purchased it from.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing better than a larger than normal piston to feed with smaller then stock transfers.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've not done a BB 046, nor heard anyone who likes them, but I have got some BB 440s to run pretty decent.

I think a 460 with a stock size bore can be made to run so strong that it is not worth messing with the BB kits for that configuration. Generally, there is just not enough room for the transfers with the BB jugs for that saw.

I got a 460 to run real nice with the inexpensive HLS Door Buster 460 jug on it, but I won't say the quality of the jug looks great, but the port work is nice and I used one for a Hybrid with an OEM 460 piston, and one on a 460 with a Meteor piston. Both ran well and neither has blown up yet.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Big bores require to much work in my mind to bother with the 460 already makes good power so if you're looking for a little more get it ported or get a bigger saw but thats my two cents I've made a big bore run strong on a 660 but for all the time and work it took me to get it to run like it should I just don't see the point unless you're borde.lol

Michael Rupley

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I am rebuilding a saw for a man that had a big bore kit installed. I don't normally mes with them but this is a customer. The cylinder looks OK but the piston is filed down and I don't know if this is normal. I don't want to do it this way but the piston is only $10. (54mm)