High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Do we need page limits on threads?

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I was thinking of maybe 10-15 page limits on threads. Threads tend to get a little off topic and the original point gets lost, and while as long as the conversation is informative that us ok, but we all know a lot of it isn't. I think page limits might help keep the 6000 page threads from clogging the front page like in the other site.

Homelite410

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking of maybe 10-15 page limits on threads. Threads tend to get a little off topic and the original point gets lost, and while as long as the conversation is informative that us ok, but we all know a lot of it isn't. I think page limits might help keep the 6000 page threads from clogging the front page like in the other site.
Be careful how you step.......

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is half the fun, but I'm and I'm sure others hate having to read through 30 pages of banter to find what they are looking for.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not trying to step on anyones toes or make this not fun.

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have found the threads that are (6000) pages have some of the best people in them. There's no need to read them all. I just ask my question and they are always glad to help. I mean think about it,anyone that hangs out on these sites has no life and are more than happy to find someone to talk about it to!

foragefarmer

70cc groupie
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I belong to a forum (not chainsaws) that doesn't allow banter or off topic posts at all except in specified threads. It is a dry forum where people try to intimidate with their intelligence and anyone who is seen to be having fun is often labelled a fanboy.

I go there for information, I come to chainsaw forums for info but for fun as well. Chainsaws to me are fun, banter goes hand in hand with that in my estimation.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just wonder when some of the high traffic threads need to be moved to the off topic area. Cause sometimes they push the new threads to the second page in less than an hour. Then they get lost. It's like the second page of Google, you never go to the second page of Google. Lol

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just wonder when some of the high traffic threads need to be moved to the off topic area. Cause sometimes they push the new threads to the second page in less than an hour. Then they get lost. It's like the second page of Google, you never go to the second page of Google. Lol

Mark everything read every day and that keeps you from having 5 or 6 pages of unread stuff.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Didn't know about that trick. But still something you have to do every day.

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Like this one
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...015-carthage-mo.158438/page-2110#post-5718163

These guys are extended family.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That is a long thread. Lol be interesting to go back and read it from the beginning.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
From what I saw it's in the stickys and not the main page. So not cluttery. don't get me wrong I'm just as guilty of banter and going off topic as anyone else.

Hey where's the. "This is SPAM" link?