High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Crazy Nikki carb on A Briggs

ANewSawyer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Got a OHV Briggs and Stratton: 219700-0300-e1 with a Nikki carb. It wouldn't start at the beging of season so I rebuilt the starter. Then the carb was flooding the engine, so I installed a shut off in the fuel line and made a mental note for a new inlet needle in the carb. Still wouldn't start and I finally realized that it was the valves out of adjustment. I fixed that yesterday and installed the new inlet needle. It still won't start. Grr! I have spark but I am going to put a new plug in cuase the spark looked weak. However, every time I tried to start it, the plug is wet with fuel. I can't imagine that being normal.

stihl sawing

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm working on a Kohler with that crappy carb, no adjustments and it won't get gas to plug.The fuel solenoid is fried and they want 80 bucks for one. what a rip off.Make sure the plastic float is not cracked and full of gas.

ANewSawyer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I will check the float but I checked it when I first tore the carb down the first time. Ergh.

If I could get a Walbro carb, it has a replaceable seat. But not on this Nikki. Herggggg! :mad:

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm working on a Kohler with that crappy carb, no adjustments and it won't get gas to plug.The fuel solenoid is fried and they want 80 bucks for one. what a rip off.Make sure the plastic float is not cracked and full of gas.
i take a pair of side cutters to the pin on the fuel solenoid and delete it out of the carb.