High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Could anyone solve this issue?

Stihl BR 700 won't start after being replaced some new parts.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't own a comp tester that works for these.

Had a helper while fitting logs.
Start, make a cut, shut it off, repeat.
Generally, saws do not like this.
Well dang thing wouldn't start.
I flew over to a friends place to see if he could get it going. He did, and said the compression was at the low end of running.
That surprised me.
Sure enough, the ring end gap was huge.
Saw now is much happier.

I should get one these testers.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
spoken by a true chauvinist with an avatar like that no respect for women I certainly wont be taking pointers from you.

You've been a member since August the 8th, and have made 12 whole posts. In those 12 posts I believe that you have managed to insure that you will never really be welcome here.

Congratulations.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s that saying……

there's more than one way to skin a cat….

You just have to know and choose the best place to start and where finish.

:eusa_whistle:

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never had to put a compression tester on a saw ( I have for confirmation) but honestly with enough bar oil leaking though a crankcase you can get a pretty good reading with a tester.
I usually pull the carb or muffler. Pita with the clip type 088 or a McCulloch with the muffler under covers.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You've been a member since August the 8th, and have made 12 whole posts. In those 12 posts I believe that you have managed to insure that you will never really be welcome here.

Congratulations.
Have a guy at work, first met him and wanted to knock his block off. Might be the case here. Will give him another chance, might just come across as a douche on paper. Might be an alright chap. We will see.

Good luck @chris421sd

My wife think I am a misogynist. What can I say, she is partially right. Except the lower status part. More like gender roles!

chris421sd

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Have a guy at work, first met him and wanted to knock his block off. Might be the case here. Will give him another chance, might just come across as a douche on paper. Might be an alright chap. We will see.

Good luck @chris421sd

My wife think I am a misogynist. What can I say, she is partially right. Except the lower status part. More like gender roles!
your pretty accurate most people dont like me that i deal with on a regular basis but that has very little to do with the effectiveness of someone in there work or job. having people like me doesnt matter to me, making friends with co workers or customers isnt a prerequisite to a job but getting tasks completed and preformed properly definetly is so i always worry about that for the most part. i dont expect anyone to like me or respect me on this forum to me this is just about giving people important info so they can improve on there repairing skills. i learn something new everyday if you dont continue learning and think you know it all you are truly lost.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with you on many things, but going out of your way to irritate people is the wrong way to go through life. You catch more flies with honey, than you do with vinegar.

chris421sd

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's not their fault.

Just so you know.
never said it was there fault, people are entitled to feel anyway they want, i think we are all missing the point here i simply put some facts down on this post and didnt personally attack anyone. facts and the truth do not pick sides they are neutral but telling someone they are a legend in there own mind is a personal attack with added help to this forum, also cherry picking parts out of a paragraph of info on a post and not addressing all parts in the post shows that the post was not fully read, understood, or acknowledged. i think it will be best for me to step aside from the ope forum and allow the flow to resume among the long time members because clearly number of posts is one of the most important factors on this website. thanks for your time and best of luck to all forum members in there future projects and repairs.

Reactions: Lnk

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Good luck @chris421sd

lol i have a good story about like that lol
if you dont know me well i like to mess with new guys at work
one was a new plant coordinator young guy
when i first met him i told him how *s-wordty their maintenance was and he wanted to fire me then and there
now 4 or 5 years later ive been to his house and hes been to mine to get saws worked on
and now he understands how i am

That's not their fault.

Just so you know.
my fault again ? or yours?

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lol i have a good story about like that lol
if you dont know me well i like to mess with new guys at work
one was a new plant coordinator young guy
when i first met him i told him how *s-wordty their maintenance was and he wanted to fire me then and there
now 4 or 5 years later ive been to his house and hes been to mine to get saws worked on
and now he understands how i am

my fault again ? or yours?
Yours, its always yours