Trader history (0)

quietfly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took the box it came in to work, it made my office smell amazing for a few days...

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
80c7ef33a9d6be61f5dfad0c4774c65c.jpg

So, this showed up on my doorstep today. Smells absolutely fantastic. Tomorrow morning will be the first try.
My question is: Which one to try first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mmmm waking up with Brazil is great followed by a cup of Honduras and then a great cup of Guatemala to get you ready to take over the world! Lol

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One of my favorite things.........

A damn good smelling box!

View attachment 23775
Man the inner juvenile is strong to respond to this post. Erererreteterrereererrrrrr, my wife packaged that box......... .......
Ohhhhhhh....
Man

LOL my wife sent you a great smelling box Lololololol
Darn it. I tried containing him the best I could.

I am glad you enjoy the great smelling box my wife prepared for you!
OK I am done now.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I took the box it came in to work, it made my office smell amazing for a few days...
Be careful. Taking great coffee to work can make your coworkers pretend to be your best friend and be nice. Until you let them know that you like the coffee to much to share. Then the will all hate you and conspire to do bad things to you for coffee snobs coffee.

quietfly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Be careful. Taking great coffee to work can make your coworkers pretend to be your best friend and be nice. Until you let them know that you like the coffee to much to share. Then the will all hate you and conspire to do bad things to you for coffee snobs coffee.
LOL i didn't bring the coffee, just the empty wonderful smelling box

Last edited:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mmmm waking up with Brazil is great followed by a cup of Honduras and then a great cup of Guatemala to get you ready to take over the world! Lol

Lol.
I've been drinking the Brazil for the last two days. It is very smooth, and I can't wait to try the others. Thanks to Corey and Sabrina!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol.
I've been drinking the Brazil for the last two days. It is very smooth, and I can't wait to try the others. Thanks to Corey and Sabrina!

Did you find a difference with brewing temp?

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you find a difference with brewing temp?

Hey Dan.
I just checked my water temp, making my coffee the same way I always have. It's a little lower than recommended, at 186 degrees. After Corey gave me the tip about the temp, I looked it up, and it looks like the recommended range is 195-205 for best flavor extraction. Corey might have even more insight on this, though.
I used a digital Maverick thermometer I have for my smoker, so I know it's been calibrated properly. At least I haven't had it too hot, making it bitter, but I'm going to try it a little hotter around 200 and see if I can tell a difference.
I believe a lot of the difference is in the coffee itself. I wanted to compare apples to apples, so the first day I tried it I made it exactly the same way I've made any of my other coffees. Hands down better than anything else I've tried, and not bitter at all. The smoke is what really sets it apart for me. It adds a lot to the flavor in a very unexpected way.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Dan.
I just checked my water temp, making my coffee the same way I always have. It's a little lower than recommended, at 186 degrees. After Corey gave me the tip about the temp, I looked it up, and it looks like the recommended range is 195-205 for best flavor extraction. Corey might have even more insight on this, though.
I used a digital Maverick thermometer I have for my smoker, so I know it's been calibrated properly. At least I haven't had it too hot, making it bitter, but I'm going to try it a little hotter around 200 and see if I can tell a difference.
I believe a lot of the difference is in the coffee itself. I wanted to compare apples to apples, so the first day I tried it I made it exactly the same way I've made any of my other coffees. Hands down better than anything else I've tried, and not bitter at all. The smoke is what really sets it apart for me. It adds a lot to the flavor in a very unexpected way.

Yes it adds a great subtle flavor. I haven't check my temp yet, but I boil my water and wait a minute or 2 before pouring it into the press. I have noticed if I leave it for to long it starts to get bitter.
Sometimes I walk away and forget[emoji33]

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey Dan.

Water temp is a hot subject! Lol
So the temp changes in very minor nuances. Some people can't tell a difference, sometimes it helps to know what "flavor" is changing. It also has to do with personal preference.
Coffee is a mix of acidity and body. So the flavor that is changing is the acidity (at least it is easiest for me to tell) Acidity is your brightness and citrus fruits flavors.
So changing the temp will change that. But not as drastically as some think.
Our coffee is a bit different because we take such steps to ensure a very smooth cup. So it is almost impossible to get an extremely acidic cup. We find that many people prefer the smooth and rich flavors of our roasting.
So if you focus looking for the brightness changes when you change Temps you may find the perfect cup of coffee.
Also the 190-205 is the standard however there are exceptions the aero press I think suggest a temp closer to 170 also cold brewing. The lower temp helps keep the acidity down which in turn can limit the bright citrus flavors and other fruity flavors.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gettin low,put in another order!
Will be usin one bag as a gift,hope they like it!

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do like that aero press any chance of flying one over the big pond

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pm me your shipping info and I will check Monday. I have never shipped over the pond . Yet.

Post office is usually the cheapest and easiest. I ship stuff to friends and family in Norway all the time, and that's how I do it.

I need to order more coffee as well. Last time I ordered Brazil, Honduras and Guatemala. My two favorites were Brazil and Honduras. Do you have any suggestions for other roasts, based on that?

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Post office is usually the cheapest and easiest. I ship stuff to friends and family in Norway all the time, and that's how I do it.

I need to order more coffee as well. Last time I ordered Brazil, Honduras and Guatemala. My two favorites were Brazil and Honduras. Do you have any suggestions for other roasts, based on that?

Well we still have some Honduras. I have two others that I am testing. Costa Rica and Tanzania. So far they are lookingreal good for a medium roast.