High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

CLEARCUT meets the 500i

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Very cool - did Dan C. modify the handle? He made me a couple full-wrap for saws that don't normally come with them. I just took him two half wraps to make one full out of.
There is a local fabricator in the valley here who I used. Not too far from Dan though. We used part of an 066 or 064 handlebar. I’m not for sure what it was exactly, but it got the job done.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It definitely has more power than the 462. It pulled the 32 dogged in much better. The AV is definitely sloppier than the 462, however. Maybe the wrap version will be better?
One thing...It is running quite rich. It feels great dogged in, but if I was cutting some brush or small trees, it seemed excessively rich. It doesn’t seem normal. I’m going to try the solid faceplate tomorrow and see if that makes a difference at all. Mix is Red Armor 40:1.

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Beautiful views. Great thread also...important for us weekend warriors to get some real world logging feedback.
I do my best to give honest, unbiased feedback. It definitely helps to run other makes and models of saws. It helps keep an unbiased opinion for me.

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It definitely has more power than the 462. It pulled the 32 dogged in much better. The AV is definitely sloppier than the 462, however. Maybe the wrap version will be better?
One thing...It is running quite rich. It feels great dogged in, but if I was cutting some brush or small trees, it seemed excessively rich. It doesn’t seem normal. I’m going to try the solid faceplate tomorrow and see if that makes a difference at all. Mix is Red Armor 40:1.
I wonder how a fully done up 462 would compare. When a guy sees one pulling a 32 like this-

-I bet it would be close and then you would have the air injection, better AV and one piece top cover without venting plus a guy might have money left over considering the price of the 500. Props to Kevin.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder how a fully done up 462 would compare. When a guy sees one pulling a 32 like this-

-I bet it would be close and then you would have the air injection, better AV and one piece top cover without venting plus a guy might have money left over considering the price of the 500. Props to Kevin.

My 462 kev ported is my favorite pound for pound saw. No questions.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What the beef with the muffler for fire season? It’s a midwestern flatlander question.

Fire season is the season during which there is higher risk of starting wildfires. Somewhere along the line fires have been started by modified mufflers on saws, vehicles and other equipment. So now, depending on where these guys operate, their equipment is subject to inspection to make sure it has the factory spark arrestors, etc. I couldn't tell you who's doing the inspections, I imagine it varies by area and who owns the land. I suppose repercussions vary too, but I would hazard a guess that if a fire starts where you're working, you'd better not have a modified saw in your hands.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fire season is the season during which there is higher risk of starting wildfires. Somewhere along the line fires have been started by modified mufflers on saws, vehicles and other equipment. So now, depending on where these guys operate, their equipment is subject to inspection to make sure it has the factory spark arrestors, etc. I couldn't tell you who's doing the inspections, I imagine it varies by area and who owns the land. I suppose repercussions vary too, but I would hazard a guess that if a fire starts where you're working, you'd better not have a modified saw in your hands.

Inspection can be done by any ODF officer, if you do have a fire and your equipment is found to be modified you can be liable for all costs of the fire. Depending on area the same land owners can require different things, Clearcut and I from time to time can work for the same land owner even though we’re almost 3 hours a part in the state. Down where Clearcut and Hypersaws are they can or get away with a modified saw up where I am that same land owner has a 0 tolerance policy for modified saws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag