High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Chinese aftermarket tank assemblies

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone used one? I pulled the tank off my 266 today and ALL the AVs are toast, the fuel line is crap and the back bottom corner of the grip is broken, so I have been looking at replacement tanks and the Chinese ones come complete with trigger assy, AVs, fuel line, tank vent, etc., and they are pretty cheap. Normally, I shy away from Chinese parts, but it's hard to figure how they could screw this one up. Any input? Thanks!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I needed a new tank handle for one of my MS660s and I ordered two. One from Huztl and one from AGT warehouse.
Anyway, the Huztl one was acceptable quality and I installed it and it worked fine. The AGT one, while not installed, had some defects that would have precluded it working as is. I kept it because when I use it, I'll replace the defective parts with ones off the Stihl handle and make it all work.
So to answer the question, I think they're acceptable but just keep in mind they're not OEM. The price difference is HUGE though.
The reason I ordered two is that I from time to time compare products I receive from different vendors to see if they're the same or have quality variations. In this case the variations were apparent right from the get go and I would buy additional ones from Machinesdoctor/Huztl and not someone else.

Last edited:

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I needed a new tank handle for one of my MS660s and I ordered two. One from Huztl and one from AGT warehouse.
Anyway, the Huztl one was acceptable quality and I installed it and it worked fine. The AGT one, while not installed, had some defects that would have precluded it working as is. I kept it because when I use it, I'll replace the defective parts with ones off the Stihl handle and make it all work.
So to answer the question, I think they're acceptable but just keep in mind they're not OEM. The price difference is HUGE though.
The reason I ordered two is that I from time to time compare products I receive from different vendors to see if they're the same or have quality variations. In this case the variations were apparent right from the get go and I would buy additional ones from Machinesdoctor/Huztl and not someone else.

Thanks! Yeah, now I feel better. This one is from Machinesdoctor. I think I'm going to take a chance on it and order it. I priced new AVs, fuel line, ect, and getting a used OEM tank, plus all the new parts for it and I'd be dang near double or more what this complete tank costs.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have used the MS660 from Hutzl and it was very functional, not bad for what I paid for it.
Have also used the MS260 tanks -- very good quality of the ones I have purchased from machines doctor.

DSS

widebody
Local time
10:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 038 tanks are the only ones I've used and they're fine. They definitely look Chinese but that doesn't bother me.

I have a 272 tank here that I haven't tried yet, but looking at it I can't see any problems.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
typed in Machinesdoctor.com and got nothing?
machinesdoctor and huztl are the same people. They sell Farmertec parts but they aren't the only ones that sell Farmertec. I've received the farmertec parts from several different asian vendors as well as usa based resellers.
You can pay 15 different prices for the same item so you have to learn the game a bit. Sorta like Harbor Freight.

Reactions: DSS

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used several of the 066 farmertec tank/handles from machinesdoctor. They all came complete minus the fuel caps. I've been very impressed with the farmertec products thus far.
I've been thinking about getting a new tank/handle for my 044. My tank/handle is all discoloured and kinda brings down the overall look of the saw IMO. The only thing holding me back is the flippy cap. I don't mind the flippy caps but having a screw in oil cap and a flippy fuel cap will drive me nuts

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, got outbid on the Machinedoctor one, but found a used OEM that looks really good, and it had a buy it now option, so I got it. But, I appreciate the input. I will keep it in mind if I ever need another one!

Gypo Logger

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just received 4 Farmertec 372 tanks. We always suspect issues with AM parts.
So after fitting the tank to the casing I filled it up with gas and fitted a used 372 gas cap.
Anyway it had a massive leak and I assumed it was afaulty tank, but it turned out to be the cap itself.
A cap out of a busted up 455 smartened it up.