Carburetor kicking my butt

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a dolmar 120si carburetor that is kicking my butt. I have rebuilt it changed throttle shafts new injector and it still doesn't seem right. Right now I have the saw running pretty well but low is 2 turns out and high is at 1/2 never had a crab do this before any suggestions on what to check? Saw runs perfect with 120 super carb

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you test the saw for pressure and vaccuum leaks
Fuel line
Fuel filter
Impolse
Spark plug

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got some carbs that are adjusted way wonky but they run good. I’m really not good with carbs. I clean em put em back together and luckily they’ve usually worked for me. Sometimes they get stuff stuck in those super small passages that I have no idea how to clean them.

I know you’ve checked. This one got me once. You are 110% certain that fuel is absolutely perfectly clean? Had a 450 husqvarna carb treating me that way. I was burning the same fuel that ran in all my other saws. It wouldn’t pass through that specific carburetor. Not properly anyhow. Flowed well enough for saw to run but not run perfect.

mixed up a new gallon of fuel and the thing ran and tuned properly Bout all the input I’ve got on that one.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use fuel with ethanol in it. I honestly think it’ll help clean up a stubborn carb. I don’t have much trouble. I just don’t let my fuel sit long. If it’s been 2-3 weeks I dump the saw and refill with new.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes saw runs perfect with different carburetor
Did you clean them little tiny holes inside the ventury (i think thats the name). Would be the small holes under welch plug.
I usually just poke a small wire through each one.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk