Carb rebuild or new AM?

1990Husky262

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I should Phrase my question differently . When the check valve is damaged (compromised) what are some of the symptoms? Thank You

Erratic idle/lean, engine dies on deceleration, while idling leans out and dies and have to use choke to restart , Check valves can also stick closed not allowing fuel flow at all( i have had certain carb cleaners do this mainly)

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Erratic idle/lean, engine dies on deceleration, while idling leans out and dies and have to use choke to restart , Check valves can also stick closed not allowing fuel flow at all( i have had certain carb cleaners do this mainly)
That is what I was afraid of My tillotson on the 056 mag is acting like that BUMMER will keep this in mind when I get it apart someday Thanks for the reply

1990Husky262

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
not exactly sure on that models carb, but a lot of times those older carbs rebuild better than these new carbs and they can be repaired. Have you rebuilt carb (actually replaced diaphragms)pressure/vacuum tested engine, compression tested, checked for worn intake skirt, etc. That can be the hard part of diagnosing 2 strokes cause a lot of issues will can have similar symptoms

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
8:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
not exactly sure on that models carb, but a lot of times those older carbs rebuild better than these new carbs and they can be repaired. Have you rebuilt carb (actually replaced diaphragms)pressure/vacuum tested engine, compression tested, checked for worn intake skirt, etc. That can be the hard part of diagnosing 2 strokes cause a lot of issues will can have similar symptoms
Exactly. Older carbs are easier to clean, rebuild.
Those newer carbs are more complicated at fuel passages and got clog