Bumping Randy's threads on AS........

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, I don't see the logic behind doing it. I don't think anyone is sticking it to the place or Darin by keeping what amounts to the best content on the site, refreshed onto the front page. Additionally, as others have mentioned elsewhere, every hit shows traffic, and that traffic either directly or indirectly makes Darin money one way or the other.

If the thought is to show Randy's work so that new people seek him out, I don't believe that is of great concern to him, and any benefit would be marginal at best.

Also, I should have originally included all the threads of the other builders of merit that we are now lucky to have active here. The slight was unintentional gents.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. Not much reason for me to go over there anymore. Only time I do is when I google search something and another site comes up with best results. Then I look @ it not logged in. I did pop over and pm'd someone who appeared to be advertising this forum w/ their avatar. We don't need everyone from there to come here. :argue:

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. Not much reason for me to go over there anymore. Only time I do is when I google search something and another site comes up with best results. Then I look @ it not logged in. I did pop over and pm'd someone who appeared to be advertising this forum w/ their avatar. We don't need everyone from there to come here. :argue:
Who was it

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can actually understand why people bump up those threads.
First, they are damn good reading
Second, people are upset off what have happen there and they want to honor the work to MM TM Jeremy and several other members.

But everything to it's time, somehow I think it's best to let AS die slowly

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Please don't bump my threads on AS.

I get emails for them, and can't stop them.......or reply.

I might have lol-ed a little. Pretty funny when you try to help and stick your head up your own ass. I borrowed some diggers from my Dad's buddy when I was probably twelve. When I got done setting posts, I thought they were so nice and smooth, I'd put a nice thick coat of primer and some safety blue rustoleum on there for him nice thick coats. Well, old Jiggs had them purposely smooth from thirty years of use and tender care including washing, oiling and hanging the tools. He took one look at my nice bright paint job and said, "Don't do me no favors next time." Then I spent this old house, and a boxing match out in the shed sanding diggers.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mark them as junk . You'll never see them

I did.......

I think it's great that guys think enough of me to bump up all those old threads. But that's helping Darin's content.........

I have never said anything bad about Darin Johnson........and I have no plans to start.

I did tell him how disrespectful I thought he was. That was said directly to him.......

Now......I'm done with the whole thing. :)

petedaycab

let's roll some coal...............
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It seems there are a few here that don't want that site to die. It does nothing good for this site, or its members, to go over there and stir the pot. I am not a member there, nor do I want to be. But I have went there recently, and noticed a few from here seem to spend time there stirring the pot. Randy started this for the right reasons, with good intentions. I for.one do not want to see this place turn into A.S. #2. It is not what he or most of the members here want. I am not trying to call anyone out, just stating my opinion.

Flip

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was trying to get someone who's helped me out in the past but forgot I had it as my avatar, wasn't planning on posting over there. Wolverine let me know.

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did.......

I think it's great that guys think enough of me to bump up all those old threads. But that's helping Darin's content.........

I have never said anything bad about Darin Johnson........and I have no plans to start.

I did tell him how disrespectful I thought he was. That was said directly to him.......

Now......I'm done with the whole thing. :)

Right on!!!!

Yep, who cares. Don't look back... look forward.

Yes if you try to go forward expeditiously whilst you are looking back,,,,, you will eventually, most assuredly, fall flat on your ass/end/face or something that will leave a mark!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah......my bad

LOLOL!!!!! I haved to agree with JJ,,,, You are bad!!!! :borra2:

Last edited: