Brand Agnostic

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess it is human nature, but I can't see myself getting obsessive about a brand. I have Stihl, Solo, Husqvarna, and Echo saws. I bought each saw because I thought it would best suit the need and purpose. I think that there are models in each brand that shine. I use Stihl, Carlton, and Oregon chain. I have loops of VXL in 3/8 LP and I just ordered a roll of PS. I use RS and RM in .325 because they are "yellow". I use LGX and JGX in 3/8 because I like it and I've developed the knack for sharpening it. I use 27X in .404 because there isn't much in the way of .404. They all serve the purpose.

RonL

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me too. I have 10 or 12 runners from 4 different breeds. Each one is individual and there's a reason I still own each one

metallic

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I guess it is human nature, but I can't see myself getting obsessive about a brand. I have Stihl, Solo, Husqvarna, and Echo saws. I bought each saw because I thought it would best suit the need and purpose. I think that there are models in each brand that shine. I use Stihl, Carlton, and Oregon chain. I have loops of VXL in 3/8 LP and I just ordered a roll of PS. I use RS and RM in .325 because they are "yellow". I use LGX and JGX in 3/8 because I like it and I've developed the knack for sharpening it. I use 27X in .404 because there isn't much in the way of .404. They all serve the purpose.

RonL

Total blasphemy!! Don't you read the ads? Stihl is Best. Oh, sorry, I just saw an ad that said Husvarna is best, so that must be it. But some guy posted that his Solo beat a Dolmar! WTF!