Black gum, poplar and cherry

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotcha. I saw this pic and wondered about the anchor point.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-24_10-27-17.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-24_10-27-17.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 16

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There are few, if any, American Chestnut trees left alive. A blight from Europe killed most of them.
There are a fare share of horse chestnut in my parts. I know of over a dozen growing. They stand out proud when in bloom.
I know of three of the edible chestnut variety. I am always grabbing a few of those prickly seed pods with intent on planting some.
By the time I remember to plant them they're to dried out.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There are a fare share of horse chestnut in my parts. I know of over a dozen growing. They stand out proud when in bloom.
I know of three of the edible chestnut variety. I am always grabbing a few of those prickly seed pods with intent on planting some.
By the time I remember to plant them they're to dried out.
Those could also be Chinese chesnuts, which are resistant to the blight. Currently there is a huge project underway to created transgenic American chestnut trees that will be blight resistant. There are like two or three very small stands of trees that have avoided the blight, but overall they are extinct.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those could also be Chinese chesnuts, which are resistant to the blight. Currently there is a huge project underway to created transgenic American chestnut trees that will be blight resistant. There are like two or three very small stands of trees that have avoided the blight, but overall they are extinct.
I'll have to read up on the Chinese variety.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I have some slope, I’m good but the real big stuff I get worn out on. Lmk how much, might take that off your hands if ya don’t want it.

I’ve never used one. @PA Dan How far down on a log can it be used?
lemme know

Did you fabricate your own Kevin? Or buy the Granville one?
Fabbed my own