Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Local time
4:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey folks.

I'm new here. I browsed around for a bit and noticed there are quite a few threads about modding saws. I wanted to see if y'all knew of a Youtube channel(s) that specializes in explaining how the modding process works. Basics of porting, etc. I was watching Ironhorse, but after learning some of his "core values", I am less inclined to continue watching. I started watching Tinman, but I see some of you don't think he has the "know-how" to teach. Whether that is true or not, idk.

Regardless, I just wanted to touch base and see who y'all trust in the Youtube world. I learn better with visuals, hence my question about Youtubers specifically.

Thanks!

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This guy has a pretty good series on all the different ports that you can find on his channel. I don’t know if they are all together or scattered out over a couple years. But if it’s on there, it’s good info

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look up "Mac Dizzy " on the internet and A. Graham Bell two stroke tuning . Some forums like this one will give tips and some think it's all top secret .Believe me it is not .There are just different methods used to end up with about the same results . Like the old farmer said ,more than one way to skin the same cat .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Look up "Mac Dizzy " on the internet and A. Graham Bell two stroke tuning . Some forums like this one will give tips and some think it's all top secret .Believe me it is not .There are just different methods used to end up with about the same results . Like the old farmer said ,more than one way to skin the same cat .

I was a paid member on www.macdizz.com for awhile. Not much there about saws. Which are way...way different than tuned piped two stroke engines.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with that to a point .However not really knowing what the original poster had in mind old Dizzey covers a lot of the basics .On that though another source is "Fox Valley Kart " in Indiana on the web site under resources .Very concise information such as ignition systems etc .
You can get carried away on this stuff looking for the rainbow in the sky. For example the illusive tuned intake matched with a tuned exhaust that I think Villers in England attempted in the 1930's .They found it but only at a certain RPM . In theory it's possible but in practicality probably not .When you cut to the chase it's reinventing the wheel yet to some of us is the pie in the sky .For me it's only a pipe dream I'll most likely never chase it .:)