Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So here is what I have.

Picked up a 26hp efi kohler horizontal shaft engine that has fuel issues and was replaced because of it. And a 30 hp kohler vertical shaft that was run without oil and locked up.

I'm looking for a ch750 intake for a horizontal engine. 2416487-S. Is the part number.

My plan is to swap the ign and carb onto the 26hp and ditch the efi setup. It doesn't matter to me if it's a cobble job. It's going to see 10hr a year if it's lucky. It's going into my toro proline to run a 42" snowblower.

Hoping that someone has one on a junker or laying around that can be had reasonably cheap.

I know this probably isn't the right place, but figured it might get more traffic here. Mods feel free to move if need be.

Steven

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not super familiar with the Kohler efi, but do they have a mechanical governor?
Or did they do it through the electronics?

If no mechanical governor, regulating engine speed will not be possible.

Good point. But on the two I have carb and efi have the same gov setup. Most all the external parts on them swap directly over.

Not sure if they use a different cam weight on the horizontal vs vertical shaft like b&s does, but I will work around that if needed.

Edit: should have said flyweight on the gov not cam weight.

Steven

Last edited:

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. Give Zach a call, he may have a manifold or know where 1 could be had.
All the guys I raced with that ran Kohler got out of racing too, so none of my contacts would have one anymore.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So here is what I have.

Picked up a 26hp efi kohler horizontal shaft engine that has fuel issues and was replaced because of it. And a 30 hp kohler vertical shaft that was run without oil and locked up.

I'm looking for a ch750 intake for a horizontal engine. 2416487-S. Is the part number.

My plan is to swap the ign and carb onto the 26hp and ditch the efi setup. It doesn't matter to me if it's a cobble job. It's going to see 10hr a year if it's lucky. It's going into my toro proline to run a 42" snowblower.

Hoping that someone has one on a junker or laying around that can be had reasonably cheap.

I know this probably isn't the right place, but figured it might get more traffic here. Mods feel free to move if need be.

Steven

Call me. 770-853-8389

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a 20 horse command on a gravely promaster zero turn with alot of hours on it. Been good last twenty some years replaced the fuel pump 3times/starter and coils. That 26 out to throw you some snow like nobody's business.