Another German.....Solo 662 Build

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So high exhaust, huge transfer tunnels, short intake and blowdown durations to get some primary compression, and they are impressive stock. Hmmm...
Interesting.

Last edited:

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Higher than modern exhaust, lower that modern transfers, typical blow down and conserative intake.

Gotta know port widths for time area.

Very good running saw the way it was in Tennessee in my opinion. The throttle was spectacular!!!!

Last edited:

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Stihlbro said:
Gotta know port widths for time area.

Very good running saw the way it was in Tennessee in my opinion. The throttle was spectacular!!!!

Yeah, I am interested in some port widths and/or time area discussion!

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
What make them better?
Lot's of compression increase and upper trans work; the removeable covers are nice for grinding, but lose a lot of case volume.

So high exhaust, huge transfer tunnels, short intake and blowdown durations to get some primary compression, and they are impressive stock. Hmmm...
Interesting.
The one I took to Tennessee was not really stock; it had a Bing 49 from a early 064 fitted to it, a one of a kind thumb throttle, muffler mod, and base gasket delete. Carl's tach had it at 16,900 out of the wood.

I'll try to get video of a completely stock one to compare to this one, and the one I took to Tennessee.

Last edited:

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lot's of compression increase and upper trans work; the removeable covers are nice for grinding, but lose a lot of case volume.

The one I took to Tennessee was not really stock; it had a Bing 49 from a early 064 fitted to it, a one of a kind thumb throttle, muffler mod, and base gasket delete. Carl's tach had it at 16,900 out of the wood.

I'll try to get video of a completely stock one to compare to this one, and the one I took to Tennessee.

That's pretty damn good! Almost 17k with no port work. And I think someone mentioned it was torquey...
[emoji106]

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Alan, where are you? Curious about your testing on the 3 saws - what you did to each, what you found, what worked and what didn't?