Another "Build Off" with a prize.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A video competition. ( I will recuse myself) IF anyone is interested in participation. No one wants to try, I have another MS660 to build is all. (Others would be encouraged to throw in to increase the reward for a very tough assignment)

The prize? I will donate a MS660 Kit...a Huztl/Farmertec box of parts to build a MS660.

The Competition? A video of saw safety in general and GTG Saw & Safety Etiquette in particular in addition to some felling basics,

Who eligible? Anyone who's not a Video "Pro"...need this from regular folks. (negotiable) I would say if you have more than 1000 subs on your channel...your a serious video type....like I said negotiable.

Format? We will pick a date sometime before the summer as an end date to have the video's posted. Then do a poll here on this channel (All this is contingent on some monkey business helping do this BTW) And which ever video (or video series) gets the most votes...wins. At the Build Off they will get the box, and if they aren't going to attend it will be shipped.

Guide Lines? / (Semi important rules)
1) Can't be slap stick or not serious.
2) Can have humor, just not as a gimmick
3) Need to cover basic saw handling and safety ... basic tree felling & site prep as well.
4) Discuss PPE's
5) No more than 1/2 hour (no less than 20 minutes?? Negotiable)
6) AND If your on a roll...multiple 1/2 vids are ok..

We can discuss here and in two weeks have the final rules/guidelines if you want.

First...is anyone interested? If so lets discuss the concept here...

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have about 2000 subs on my channel. But.....this is a great idea.
Of course you can do pretty much anything you want right? Maybe limiting isn't a good idea...just figured if folks feel like they are having to be compared to a more practiced and polished video type....but really its about the message isn't it.

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too bad I didn't have the video recorder running that one time I hauled off and blasted myself right in the nuts trying to start a saw with the handle pinched between my knees. A real f-in don't do if I've ever learned anything.

Now thats funny right there !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tall order there Walt, I will recuse myself as well ... not that I don't want an extra 660 kit for some unknown reason lol

I'm not as well versed in PPE's as this video requires. Frankly, you are a much better person to do such a video. So... maybe we can reverse this competition a bit? What can we as a forum get for Walt if he puts forth such a vid?

vtrombly1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ill definitely participate Ill definitely give it a shot have zero subs as I don't do that many videos but the personal ones I send to some of you guys and friends I think this is manageable ill stay tuned too this thread.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably doing one anyway over time so this has to come from elsewhere. So concept here is to build incentive for others to participate in the discussion. Really would like at some level to get the discussion around PPE's to in the same spirit as that subject is in motor sports, an integral part of every discussion. SO I'll try and sponsor things like this... maybe others can throw in and up the ante?

vtrombly1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Probably doing one anyway over time so this has to come from elsewhere. So concept here is to build incentive for others to participate in the discussion. Really would like at some level to get the discussion around PPE's to in the same spirit as that subject is in motor sports, an integral part of every discussion. SO I'll try and sponsor things like this... maybe others can throw in and up the ante?
Yeah why not include other safety issues as well? Who doesnt use an atv or tractor, truck, or a winch to recover trees? All can be dangerous in their own way right

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll up the ante a bit... I'll throw $20 at walt for Walt to make the vid. If the pot reaches x dollars (negotiable), you can raffle off the saw :)

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Walt, not trying to spam at all, just you are the most qualified and passionate about this. If nobody else likes my idea, then thats fine, and I'll STILL throw $20 at ya to help fund the 660 for the prize... fair enough?

btw, I DO understand the end goal is to have as many people motivated about PPE's as possible, and the more they learn about them in the process of working on the video, the better we all are.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Walt, not trying to spam at all, just you are the most qualified and passionate about this. If nobody else likes my idea, then thats fine, and I'll STILL throw $20 at ya to help fund the 660 for the prize... fair enough?
Why not just add that $20 to the pot? So now its a 660 kit and $20?

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think this is a GREAT idea. I will be in for a vid. 20 minutes would be a long time for me but. Well see.

We are long over due for this to be a focus I know a number of tips. Hopefully I can put them together into something useful.

Once again great idea

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a question will normal chaps stop say a ported 90cc+ saw?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've wondered the same thing. I've seen how Kevlar and steel toed boots will dull a chain and not allow it to cut. There is a vid of that somewhere. But chaps?