High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Alumihog, alumahog, aluma hog.... what is it and where do you get it?

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just acquired a CC specialty 182A-MC right angle tool.

I've got a set of 1/8" double cut carbide burrs, but I see lots of people reference single cut burrs and something called alumihog? I did a google search and found something that looks like my end mills with replaceable inserts.

https://abtoolsinc.com/prod/aluma-hogs/

What bits are you using to hog out ports, and where do you buy them?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just acquired a CC specialty 182A-MC right angle tool.

I've got a set of 1/8" double cut carbide burrs, but I see lots of people reference single cut burrs and something called alumihog? I did a google search and found something that looks like my end mills with replaceable inserts.

https://abtoolsinc.com/prod/aluma-hogs/

What bits are you using to hog out ports, and where do you buy them?
Not that thing. It has been years since I bought one. Single cut eats fast be careful.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fred

You don’t want to start fast. With a right angle.

Get in there with some diamond burrSmooth things out. Also or starting out place electrical tape on the walls. When (not if) you slip the walls will be protected.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do like that price, any other shapes?

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the double cuts, pretty smooth and they last a long time, I spray them with wd40 and they don’t clog and it leave a shiny finish, and they aren’t too aggressive cutting

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DosSLiA.jpg

Start with the one in the tool, the two to the left are from CC, the other two to the right are solid carbide and were my favorites to use.

The two from CC, I only used that for roughing the exhaust on the 7910.

The two small carbide on the right have an OD of 1/8", the one in the tool is HSS and is just shy of 3/16".

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fred,

I’ve never used an alumahog in a right angle. Not sure if the tool will take the torque for long. I do use them often on the straight handles. They remove a lot of material fast.

When you’re doing transfers, the tough part is the ridge of plating, not the aluminum itself. I’d be worried that the hog would chip the plating.

I’ve got a few single cut burrs. I get them from Buckeye carbide and they last a good long while. I prefer the double cuts myself, but the singles give a nice finish if you hold them at the right rpm with a steady hand. Tend to jump around more than the double cuts, at least for me.

Anyone know of a place that sells some good LEFT handed bits? I’ve got the one from CC and it’s very aggressive. If you’ve done many saws, you’ll understand. The PTO side upper is just in the wrong orientation for the right angle bits to not want to chatter like crazy.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag