Husqvarna CCC Ebay Store DHS Online Store

Airgun enthusiasts?

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by chiselbit, Nov 18, 2020 at 12:40 AM.

1. stretch5881

stretch5881 Super OPE Member

Local Time:
    7:29 PM
    I don't know the model of Gamo that I have. It is a break barrel 1000fps .177 with a BSA .22 scope. It's very accurate. I shoot red squirrels, racoons and a porcupine. The porky I shot in the throat. It does what I need it to, without making the neighbors *s-word themselves. Handling it is like handling a .22.

Duce and jasper89 like this.
  2. srb08

srb08 Doesn't play well with others

Local Time:
    I have RWS 48's in .177 and .25. I agree, they are hard to cock but have a good trigger and shoot well.

Duce and jasper89 like this.
  3. Logsdendave

Logsdendave Well-Known OPE Member

Local Time:
    5:29 PM
    Don’t have much use for air guns. Now that I’ve switched to Milwaukee 18v guns.

stretch5881 likes this.
  4. blades

blades Well-Known OPE Member

Local Time:
    The RWS 48/52/56 are pretty heavy - the bain of springers. Takes a bunch of practice to shoot springers accurately repeatedly due to the reverse recoil. Which also has a habit of destroying cheap scopes. I have a Gamo bone something or other that works pretty well, for a break barrel unit. Although I prefer either the side lever cocking or the under lever cocking systems as the break barrel units tend to loosen up at the barrel pivot point down the road, which messes with point of aim. Course they cost more. Loved the RWS 48 I had but a buddy just had to have it so we swapped. I have several PCP units. For pure utility, grab and go, can,t really beat a springer. Gamo ( spanish ) is a big outfit and now own Crossman and whatever other brands Crossman had. Overall the Starlings , Grackles, & Striped gophers are not fond of it using 10 grain .177 pellets ( 4.7mm/ .17 cal). I would perfer 5mm ( .20) caliber but that is a lot like 16ga shotguns.

5. USMC615

USMC615 God...Country...Corps GoldMember

I Support This Forum as a Gold Member!
    Local Time:
    8:29 PM
    RWS 350 Magnum in .177 here...cannot tell you how many four-legged things have seen the wrong end of the crosshairs. Dead nuts accurate and has been that way for four years or better. Beeman pellets (Crow Magnum's) have always shot and grouped better than RWS Diana pellets and most others I've shot through it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 10:52 AM
  6. Duce

Duce Pinnacle OPE Member

Local Time:
    8:29 PM
    My grandfather and I both had Benjamin's to shoot in his backyard. Mine is only about 60 years old and still shoots well. Chipmunks, squirrels hate it, even shot a mouse off of computer, used two pumps. 10 pumps will do the rest. 22cal, iron sites and accurate. Can't imagine what is available today.

stretch5881 likes this.
  7. chiselbit

chiselbit Super OPE Member

Local Time:
    5:29 PM
    Which pcp guns do you have? Or maybe a less intrusive question would be: out of the bunch which one do you like the best?