Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sorry to report that Ahlborn Equipment purveyors of the Forester brand chainsaw and forestry parts and equipment has suffered a roof collapse from heavy snow load. They are somewhat local to me and we've had near a record book topping level of snowfall this year and quite a few places are finding out the hard way about the construction of their roof. This news found me via word of mouth and I can't confirm anything just yet, but it sounds like their warehouse was flattened. No one was there at the time as far as I have heard so that is good indeed. I will try best I can to keep up with this story as it unfolds and if anything was not accurate report on that as well as all I have to go by for now is the word of mouth, which we know can get distorted the further it goes on. I am friends with a member of the Ahlborn family, although not directly with the equipment company will eventually get me the rest of the story as they say.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sorry to report that Ahlborn Equipment purveyors of the Forester brand chainsaw and forestry parts and equipment has suffered a roof collapse from heavy snow load. They are somewhat local to me and we've had near a record book topping level of snowfall this year and quite a few places are finding out the hard way about the construction of their roof. This news found me via word of mouth and I can't confirm anything just yet, but it sounds like their warehouse was flattened. No one was there at the time as far as I have heard so that is good indeed. I will try best I can to keep up with this story as it unfolds and if anything was not accurate report on that as well as all I have to go by for now is the word of mouth, which we know can get distorted the further it goes on. I am friends with a member of the Ahlborn family, although not directly with the equipment company will eventually get me the rest of the story as they say.
Wow, thanks for sharing Steve. I usually place a few orders a year from Forester..

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, thanks for sharing Steve. I usually place a few orders a year from Forester..

It just snowed some more today and a bunch of rain is on the way, I suspect that there will be more.
One fella had a three car garage come down on top of a loaded F250 with 750 miles on the odometer.
It's been one heck of a winter with around 114 inches of snowfall and Lord willing, hopefully over soon.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It just snowed some more today and a bunch of rain is on the way, I suspect that there will be more.
One fella had a three car garage come down on top of a loaded F250 with 750 miles on the odometer.
It's been one heck of a winter with around 114 inches of snowfall and Lord willing, hopefully over soon.
Wow you guys really are getting pounded! And of course, was a year we decided not to head that direction and snowmobile 🤦🏻‍♂️

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow you guys really are getting pounded! And of course, was a year we decided not to head that direction and snowmobile 🤦🏻‍♂️

Will take a couple two or three inches to make number one but with that said number two was plenty. Of the last five records only one was from 1938/39 otherwise the rest were all recent history in the twenty teens and such. I keep thinking one of these years it's just not going to leave and a new ice age will begin. Lol

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will take a couple two or three inches to make number one but with that said number two was plenty. Of the last five records only one was from 1938/39 otherwise the rest were all recent history in the twenty teens and such. I keep thinking one of these years it's just not going to leave and a new ice age will begin. Lol
Sure seems that way - weather has been crazy all around lately! Currently very windy and watching the lightning and watching the hail bounce on the deck.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure seems that way - weather has been crazy all around lately! Currently very windy and watching the lightning and watching the hail bounce on the deck.
Been a dreary blustery day here, very noisy with wind howling through the tree's, snow smacking the windows with an audible thump and thunder topping it all off.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I friend of mine who I used to cut for, is friends with the/an owner. The owner has hunting property near us down here.. Sad deal for them anyway!

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
dang i was going to put an order in for bulk chain, guess i will let it slide.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
maybe monday I will give a call to my rep there. just to see whats up if possible. I am not on facebook or linkdin so there might be a note on those. web sight does not indicate anything.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
maybe monday I will give a call to my rep there. just to see whats up if possible. I am not on facebook or linkdin so there might be a note on those. web sight does not indicate anything.

See if you can find out what is going to happen with the stocks of those two buildings, like sell them off or some such thing or not.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See if you can find out what is going to happen with the stocks of those two buildings, like sell them off or some such thing or not.
I would suspect a “tent sale” type of event would happen to anything that could be salvaged in otherwise unsaleable condition.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
likely up to insurance co. as far as damaged stock.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's crazy to read this stuff when I'm looking at 100f.

It's 64F right now and snow is melting furiously. Roofs should be out of danger. 100F in April sounds crazier to me, I can't remember when the last time it hit 100F here even was, come to think of it. Lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thankfully we are situated very close to the National divide(north/south) that and lots of sandy soil that with all the snow cover has no frost unless bared like a road or such.. Plus two dammed up(Rainbow and Willow) reservoirs to fill up on the Wisconsin and Tomahawk rivers saves a massive amount of water from heading downstream until needed later. Plus all kinds and manor of lakes ponds and wetlands to fill up.
Now somebody's basement that was built in a poor location, that's another story that repeats yearly...