Aftermarket cranks

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anybody put the clutch drum bearing grease delivery hole back into the cranks? I'm thinking of doing this. But, not owning an OEM crank to a 660 or a 372, I have no idea what size drill bit to get. Anybody know?

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I take it none of y'all have done it do this. Ok. I'll have to order a drill press and give it a try. Yay! A reason to get one!

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't recommend drilling the crank on a drill press. A lathe is the proper tool for this job. I would go as small as you can but not so small that you brake the bit trying to drill that deep

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't recommend drilling the crank on a drill press. A lathe is the proper tool for this job. I would go as small as you can but not so small that you brake the bit trying to drill that deep
I wouldn't even know what to look for in a lathe. Knowing nothing about them or what "size" (if there is such a thing) to get. All the ones around here are way to big and way to darn expensive production used CNC models. And I'll need a whole room for one.

Last edited:

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You must live near somewhere where someone has a lathe and can drill a straight home for you.