Trader history (0)

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
562xp - 2016. Complete and will start but will NOT idle. Saw is slow to come back to idle too. Had plans of finding the air leak? or finding the issue. It's been sitting here for over a year so it needs to go.

When I got the saw it was lightly scored and wearing a 12mm Stihl bar. Plan was to diagnose and repair for me. Hope was the misaligned bar and dull chain caused the score. I have lightly buffed in the cylinder and stuck a cheap piston in it. If it was fixed I was going to treat it to an OEM cylinder set. Saw cranks reliably but will not idle. Total run time since I put the piston in.. less than 10 minutes. It is starting to smear again. I am sure it is lean. I have simply run out of enthusiasm for the project. If I had all of the plugs for pressure/vac testing it I would. If it doesn't sell maybe I'll break down and buy them.

Clutch cover/brake is great. Cases look 100%. I have pulled the fly wheel and clutch and the bearings do not feel bad. I see NO radial movement in the crank. Muffler is in good shape. Recoil is functioning and not cracked. Wrap handle is straight. All screws present that I have seen. Oiler works great. Will be great parts or a project. Asking $175 F&F plus the ride. If you want regular add the %.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I realize it does not come out well in the pictures. Everyone asks the carburetor info.. the numbers in the black plastic are "Rev E 15 31" best I could tell and the carb body numbers were "552A". Not sure if that is important to anyone or not.