Aftermarket 372....

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Typical day, one saw an OEM X-torq bottom end from 2012 with a chicom 52mm top end. Built in 2014! Kind of answers the question if they can cut wood right? The other a OEM Stock 565 which has been the anchor saw now for this year. Love that saw! Both wear a 28inch Husqvarna X-Tough Bar with C83 chain. That stuff has worked really well on these tree's especially the ones in the 28-30 inch range.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well funny I'm thinking about getting a g372xp the blue one I've built a lot of clone Stihls put a lot of OEM parts n them to make them right plus port work I sold every saw I owned including my Stihl 064 now I'm regretting it because we are back to heating the house with the wood stove I need a saw and if I get the 372xp clone it will be getting a good tear down and port work so the more info you guys can post on these g372xp I'd appreciate it. Fyi I'm still above ground.:beer-toast1:

I've had pretty good "luck?" With mine . I had a stripped out screw in the first carb so I found a used OEM carb and rebuilt it.
Other things I did was an oem decomp and the tiny o-ring under the clutch spacer shaft. Those were the only things I did to make me feel confident taking them to work on some trees.
Obviously they responded well to modifications like BGD and porting but weren't necessary for use. The amount of custom peices that you can outfit them with is very good compared to most other clone saws , full wrap, wide clutch cover, and bigger spikes. Honestly though for cutting fire wood the wide clutch cover might be the only thing that would be an upgrade.

timberjack90

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've only bought the 65cc g372 about 6 of them they all need the carb tuned funny like really far out on the low an barely open on the high jet. Other wise they are smooth and oil and buck logs on the landing

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know of a few 365/372 oe style clones around here. They all have had various issues. Usually brought on by the users but a oem saw dont seem to have many issues with the same treatment. I even saw one on here fron czed i think that corroded the bottom end from sitting after ethanol fuel was used in this case. Not sure why his corroded but i wonder if all of them would do it. I think they all use aluminum vs mag alloy.

Fleethirte

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have a 372 kit with chrome screws?
I have only seen black screws in the kits before?

I can’t find OEM 372 head screws so I’m stuck with the Chinese ones…. Anyone seen issues with them?

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Going with a OEM coil wouldn't be a deal breaker for me that's cheap insurance.
How much is an OEM coil, add that to the cost of the clone,
and whatever other OEM parts will be needed, it all adds up.