A face behind the name.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been 2 years that i had to climb a fat pine with really restricted area almost touching the apartments with the then new released Stihl 881 witn a 42inch bar.
You can call it "heat cycle" procedure
IMG_1386.jpeg

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sycamore?

If sycamore is eucalyptus no

We call it platan, those huge ancient trees that live centuries by centuries but not sure of the English name
I ll search for translation
View attachment 379419

Translation says PLANE TREE, it's everywhere in my country for centuries

We call it sycamore here. It is basically the same tree. There are a lot of them in my area.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

fredx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been 2 years that i had to climb a fat pine with really restricted area almost touching the apartments with the then new released Stihl 881 witn a 42inch bar.
You can call it "heat cycle" procedure
View attachment 379802
Hard workin' man for sure
You a one man wrecking crew?
You and the photographer maybe?

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard workin' man for sure
You a one man wrecking crew?
You and the photographer maybe?
Me myself and I

Well i have to have people for rigging but for the most part they come and go, todays society doesn't like tough jobs nor learning

So every job i ll have to train them onsite. It's fun

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Instead of pics I'll write something about myself.
My name is Mika and I'm 51 yrs old guy from Finland. I do like to do things with my hands too allthough learning new things, studying interesting subjects and most of all figuring out ways to do things in a smarter way. My motto could be "look at yesterday's solutions, while laughing remember that those seemed the best at their time". I'm never fully satisfied with the ways things are done or how something is working.
Everything making loud noise and even some smoke have special place in my heart. For some reason this years object of special interest has been small 2 stroke engines and surprisingly many chainsaws have one installed 😁. This forum is a good place to discuss about saws I suppose.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Instead of pics I'll write something about myself.
My name is Mika and I'm 51 yrs old guy from Finland. I do like to do things with my hands too allthough learning new things, studying interesting subjects and most of all figuring out ways to do things in a smarter way. My motto could be "look at yesterday's solutions, while laughing remember that those seemed the best at their time". I'm never fully satisfied with the ways things are done or how something is working.
Everything making loud noise and even some smoke have special place in my heart. For some reason this years object of special interest has been small 2 stroke engines and surprisingly many chainsaws have one installed 😁. This forum is a good place to discuss about saws I suppose.

Welcome to OPE! Saws are fun. Your right, this is a great place to learn and discuss saws.