GoldMember
Local time
5:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
32:1 Red Armor in an MTronic 261.
87ffa21df5486d5fa30242523c43ebf4.jpg

MTronic is the way to go if you’re gonna run it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uncle Heath, that picture means nothing to me, I'm not that smart. If the "piston wash/carbon build up" is a good example, I will take your word for it. But, is it due to the oil, the port work, or the MT?

Although I don't own one, I have nothing against MT. I just don't have the cash or the desire to replace all my carbed saws with MT.

My point is, this is a STROKED 661 build!!! An old school build ought to have an old school carb IMO, especially one built by Nephew Johnny. None the less, an amazing build by quality people who do top shelf work. I'd take this saw no matter how the fuel gets delivered.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
6:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Uncle Heath, that picture means nothing to me, I'm not that smart. If the "piston wash/carbon build up" is a good example, I will take your word for it. But, is it due to the oil, the port work, or the MT?

Although I don't own one, I have nothing against MT. I just don't have the cash or the desire to replace all my carbed saws with MT.

My point is, this is a STROKED 661 build!!! An old school build ought to have an old school carb IMO, especially one built by Nephew Johnny. None the less, an amazing build by quality people who do top shelf work. I'd take this saw no matter how the fuel gets delivered.

Oh No Sir, I haven’t replaced all my adjustable carbs either. If the MTronic is there no need to swap it out: it does a great job.

I’m no Crystal Piston Reader either but I understand that’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the kind of stuff that the forum has been needing imo. Innovation, not the incessant brand loyalty debates.
SHHHHHHHH Please Don't jinx it. Its only been two days. I think we are all ready to have things return to "normal" LOL And yes, Very cool build thread here