Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
12:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the upgrade cure the fines problem completely? Is there a work-around if not wanting to spend a $100?
The right bottom side of my air horn(2014 model) has a tank vent hose connection which I'm not seeing on the new kit(Youtube). What to do with the tank vent hose?

Last edited:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
9:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn't cure it completely, but it helps a lot. Take the grease you lube your drum bearings with and smear some of that on the mating surfaces and your problem will completely disappear. Idk about the vent, I'd just plug it.

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the upgrade cure the fines problem completely? Is there a work-around if not wanting to spend a $100?
The right bottom side of my air horn(2014 model) has a tank vent hose connection which I'm not seeing on the new kit(Youtube). What to do with the tank vent hose?
I don't think plugging a tank vent is correct. I believe you just let it lay in the carb area, making sure it doesn't interfere with anything.

Traprunner

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I installed a #031 silicone o ring in the bottom of the filter on my 562xp. It seems to help with the fines. But I've only run a few tanks through it .

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you're correct. I stumbled on a post where the user just stuck a Echo style vent plug in the tube and left it beside the intake.

Joe Kidd

I reckon so
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I installed a #031 silicone o ring in the bottom of the filter on my 562xp. It seems to help with the fines. But I've only run a few tanks through it .
I saw that video too. Stopping at NAPA today to get two. :)

Last edited:

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't think a vent was necessary at the carb end of the hose since the rear handle/tank has a vent part pressed in on the other end of that hose. The hose going to the carb area was simply to have the vent fumes be sucked up by the carb (EPA idea no doubt).

Loggernate

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had 562’s with old style and new air filters, I think if you use grease or o ring around base the old style is actually better. New style still lets fines in and way less surface area-more restrictive air flow. I was cutting dead white fir with the new one and after 3-4 hrs the small filter would be plugged up enough to notice a loss in power. Installed red beard filter and there was a noticeable rpm increase in the cut, and could run it all week with no change in performance and no fines getting through.
IMG_1174.jpeg