Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Harrumph!

(I second this)

Yeah Austin, a 346 is probably your most logical "next saw". They are terrific for all round use. They are fast, light, easy to handle and will cut 18-20" wood when needed. Everyone should have a good 50cc in the stable, whichever color you like. ;)
Ya them 346's run pretty darn good!

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, @beaglebriar !! Got that splined screwdriver in the mail today. I really appreciate it.
No problem bud. That'll make tuning a little easier and you don't have to remove the limiters. If there's anything else you need for the saw just shoot me a PM.

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You learn after a while you can have a bad ass saw of any brand... but it comes down to your skills. My boss could cut circles around me using a stock 372 and me a 661/395. Not that I’m that bad lol... he just has more experience... simple as that. I’m still learning!
Yeah im still learning too. Sometimes when we are limbing tops, I accidentally cut a branch without looking where the tension is and I end up pinching my bar. Most of the reason why I pinch my bar is because Im excited to run my 372:):). I just need to slow down and calm down.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah im still learning too. Sometimes when we are limbing tops, I accidentally cut a branch without looking where the tension is and I end up pinching my bar. Most of the reason why I pinch my bar is because Im excited to run my 372:):). I just need to slow down and calm down.
Everyone pinches a saw sometimes, even the most experienced pros :). Trust me. Best to not yank it out and use a wedge or another saw to cut you out. Remember, compression and tension when cutting.

Last edited:

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got the carb kit on Friday and installed it yesterday. Me and my dad thought it would solve the leaning out problem... It didn't. When I first start it up it runs fine until I cut a couple of cookies, then it started to lean bog . So I tilted it to the left, idle and rev didn't change. Tilted it to the right the idle picked up a little bit and lean bogged when i revved it. So probably during the weekend my dad is going to do a vacuum test on it. My best guess its that PTO side crank seal. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what will.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got the carb kit on Friday and installed it yesterday. Me and my dad thought it would solve the leaning out problem... It didn't. When I first start it up it runs fine until I cut a couple of cookies, then it started to lean bog . So I tilted it to the left, idle and rev didn't change. Tilted it to the right the idle picked up a little bit and lean bogged when i revved it. So probably during the weekend my dad is going to do a vacuum test on it. My best guess its that PTO side crank seal. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what will.
Check those transfer covers too buddy, I’ve heard of guys mentioning those can leak.