362 cm porting

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much are these saw porters charging per saw????

Depends on the saw and the porter. $250 would be cheap for real quality porting, $500 would be high. $3-400 is pretty normal. Shipping has gotten high too. Nearly $100 round trip in many cases.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Depends on the saw and the porter. $250 would be cheap for real quality porting, $500 would be high. $3-400 is pretty normal. Shipping has gotten high too. Nearly $100 round trip in many cases.
Oh wow, ok thanks for informing me….suprised people don’t try their own hand at it….but some people don’t rebuild saws and have all the extra parts like some of us….i can see if you needed a production saw or only had 2-4 saws as you would send it to these porters…i have seen their saws and some are pretty damn impressive!!!

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
2:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh wow, ok thanks for informing me….suprised people don’t try their own hand at it….but some people don’t rebuild saws and have all the extra parts like some of us….i can see if you needed a production saw or only had 2-4 saws as you would send it to these porters…i have seen their saws and some are pretty damn impressive!!!

A good porter will spend a whole day or more working on a saw. How much do you make in a day of work? How much do you charge if you have to work on the weekend?

People definitely do try their own hand at it, but like most skills, it takes practice. And trial and error. And a lathe and right angle grinder.

You’re paying for equipment, skill, knowledge and time. It’s definitely not something that everyone will want to spend on. But I guarantee you the porter isn’t getting rich.

Khntr85

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A good porter will spend a whole day or more working on a saw. How much do you make in a day of work? How much do you charge if you have to work on the weekend?

People definitely do try their own hand at it, but like most skills, it takes practice. And trial and error. And a lathe and right angle grinder.

You’re paying for equipment, skill, knowledge and time. It’s definitely not something that everyone will want to spend on. But I guarantee you the porter isn’t getting rich.
I guess people in production and people whom just want to have a ported saw are the main people whom pay for this service…definitely get a faster stronger saw when these guys are done with them!!!