359 Recipe build critique

JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want to say when I bought mine new about 15 years ago it was at about 135-140 psi after I was done deleting the base gasket and making some other changes no milling it was at 170. I haven't checked it in quite a few years but the saw still runs awesome. It was the first new chainsaw I ever bought. I ran an old 041 Stihl before that and honestly was a little disappointed in the 359 when I first bought it but that's when I started learning about ways to modify a chainsaw to make it run better. 1st mod was an aftermarket muffler and ditched the catalytic muffler, next was trimming the limiters and tuning the carb. After that I found aborist site and racesaws and remember a build that timberwolf did on that site which is where I got the courage to port my first saw. Never looked back from there. Racesaws closed down and arborist site changed and I came here. Hi my name is Justin I own 14 chainsaws and I'm an addict LOL. Most of mine are ported by me I only own one ported saw I didn't port because I wanted some machine work done that I couldn't do so I bought it from another member already machined and ported.