huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did get a little funk out of the seat, using a qtip, got it to fire up and idle this time...its done it intermittently for over a year so im not 100% convinced, but at least i can take it downstate tomorrow and run the piss out of it and see how it behaves.
Seafoam in the gas and let it sit for a couple weeks

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you tried a stiffer spring under the inlet needle lever? I cured an ailing Mac carb a while back that way. I found some extra springs in an old Walbro HDC carb kit from the 80's. Back then they would issue kits with several different springs so you could adjust your pop-off pressure. Also see if you look down the inlet needle passage-way and look for wear on the needle seat.
I havent tried different springs, its just weird (to me) that its been really intermittent. It either works or doesnt. And its gone back and forth. I just ran it again a bit ago and ran fine again. Really hopin i just needed to clean the seat up and thats it. Got a lot of nastiness outta there, it did not look worn as far as i could see, needle is not deformed or anything

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
73E786E4-3262-4C1F-918D-7BBECA19E47B.jpeg Worked on a 61 with similar symptoms. It ran really rich and had been for awhile as cylinder was carboned up.
It ended up being a worn seat. I polished it out with a Q tip shaft made of the cardboard material and fine polising compound in a drill. I would polish and assemble and recheck. I did that until the needle would hold a seal.
I seen it when it was apart and the Chamber was dry and it would fill up and overflow and would drip through the nozzle causing an over richeck condition at idle ( which was funky) and at WOT with the H needle closed.
Saved the carb that way.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well just got back from downstate and ran a tank through it and its still wants to flood if im not careful, but was able to get it started every time, i may try polishing like you said rich, maybe it still needs to seal a little better. Thanks for all the replies.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a Stihl guy at heart, but I just watched the big husky's put a hurting on the big Stihls.
Ive seen pretty wicked saws on both sides. Hell, one of the fastest 60cc saw ive seen lately was levis JD (efco) with round chain in the firewood class in missoura :confused: