High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

242xp resurrection. (My first 2xx series) Build Complete! Vid added!

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,
I just read through this whole thread... Wow, lots of great information in there!

I recently acquired a 42 Special to rebuild and found the piston has cracks on both sides of the piston skirts (on the clutch side) It has the Gilardoni 241A (2) cylinder and the piston also has Gilardoni stamped on the inside.
There are no windows in the piston.

I'm just wondering if the aftermarket piston that was used in the rebuild in this thread could also be used in this saw?

If not, would the Tecomec P/C kit be an option?

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul,
Welcome to Ope!

You can use any 242 pistons in a 42 jug, but not the other way.
The only piston you dont order is a Meteor 242, for some odd reason Meteor choosed to lower the crown and also use longer shirt.
If you can afford it, a Tecomec 242 top end kit is a good choice, a buddy of me have used tecomec 242 a half year now, it's a strong runner, but the kit itself is quite heavy.

Cuttinstuff

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
Welcome to Ope!

You can use any 242 pistons in a 42 jug, but not the other way.
The only piston you dont order is a Meteor 242, for some odd reason Meteor choosed to lower the crown and also use longer shirt.
If you can afford it, a Tecomec 242 top end kit is a good choice, a buddy of me have used tecomec 242 a half year now, it's a strong runner, but the kit itself is quite heavy.

Hi Tor,

Thank you for the advice! I wasn't too sure about using the windowed type piston since the original was not windowed.

Thanks again,

Paul