2016 Christmas Giving Thread

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very cool! I don't fly fish, but I appreciate the work and detail that goes into those. Very generous offer.

A few years back I attended an estate sale, where, apparently, fly tying was one of the guy's hobbies. He had a corner of his basement set up with a bench and drawers of all kinds of pretty, colorful, tidbits. Surprisingly, most of the buyers were women who planned to make jewelry out of the same materials (I guess they wanted to look more 'alluring'?).

So if you wanted to branch off, maybe you could make 'flies for the guys' and earrings, etc. for their brides?

Philbert

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very cool! I don't fly fish, but I appreciate the work and detail that goes into those. Very generous offer.

A few years back I attended an estate sale, where, apparently, fly tying was one of the guy's hobbies. He had a corner of his basement set up with a bench and drawers of all kinds of pretty, colorful, tidbits. Surprisingly, most of the buyers were women who planned to make jewelry out of the same materials (I guess they wanted to look more 'alluring'?).

So if you wanted to branch off, maybe you could make 'flies for the guys' and earrings, etc. for their brides?

Philbert

I have made a few pins for the ladies.
I have also taken clear, plain Christmas bulbs and suspended flies inside them.
They look cool.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag