High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

201...881 just depends on the leader size I guess. Wowzers!

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everybody talks the one saw plan..this dude lives it!
I bet this crew could be pretty successful with just their climber a chipper and a wheelbarrow...

Last edited:

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's called knowing your species and their tendencies! Only negative was the sawyer immediately stepped toward the trunk without looking up for danglers.

Interesting approach and good to keep in the toolbox.

I had a similar tan oak (not a true oak) a few years ago on a job, 26" heavy leaner with maybe a couple inches of holding wood on the skirt, hollow and rotting on the inside to the top. Leaning over the only access road (absentee property, mostly older folks who visit, no chainsaw experience.)

Cut off flares at ground level, nipped the sides and front, then bored out the rotting center strip (heart-shaped or cauliflower-shaped tan oak.) It was a 99% chance of chairing, just trying to mitigate the severity and uprooting, as I had a clump of trees to jump behind for protection. Cut the back-strap and watched it twist. It began to chair, but crumbled in on itself and stopped splintering before it hit the ground and broke into a half-dozen pieces.

There was a semi-professional but young "logger" working with us. He thought I was nuts for putting a saw in that one.

Wish we'd gotten a video of it.

Last edited: