High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

2 power heads?

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Curious if running two 60-70cc powerheads on a double ended bar would be a better strategy than running a single 90+cc powerhead?

At what bar length would you consider 2 power heads to be a benefit?

Obviously, oiling would be much improved.

Just got to thinking about this today and ask you what you thought.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Curious if running two 60-70cc powerheads on a double ended bar would be a better strategy than running a single 90+cc powerhead?

At what bar length would you consider 2 power heads to be a benefit?

Obviously, oiling would be much improved.

Just got to thinking about this today and ask you what you thought.
My guess. NO. They will never sync sure one could help the other out but I se no point in it. Some guy on YouTube has 2 huskys on one bar and didn't se any improvement in milling speed. Thought it looked like a waist of a good saw

DSS

widebody
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
There's lots of guys running double ended bars on a mill

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If I had to run a big bar for milling and needed to think of using 2 power heads I'd rather get a old riding mower engine and use that cause of torque, noise, and fuel consumption. And save the powerheads for for your regular cutting. That's My 2 cents. But I'm the stupid guy that mills with a poulan 46cc

Attachments

• 0628151557.jpg
    0628151557.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 28

pud

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ive used two 395's on a 6 foot alaskan mill a fair few times and ended up hating it with a passion in the end , the good things were oiling twice as good , if would cut massive hard logs at pretty much walking speed and used to sound awesome at idle ! The biggest problem was trying to keep the revs under control i used full comp 3/8 chain on a gb 84 in double ender and two guys had to push almost as hard as u could or it just felt like they were gonna blow to pieces , ended up with the worst finish on slabs ive done and couldent stop the bar from flexing , also twice as much fumes and dust .
It maybe better with smaller powerheads and some on the other end that really knows what there doing but id never use it again

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guy i repaired a 880 uses 2 on a 9 footbar Recently he just picked up 2 090 s to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just read a big thing on two saws not helping each other when used in tandem.... Not sure where it was. I was planning to run 2 42cc poulans...

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold two 090g's and 56" & 66" double ended bars to a guy who Mills 50" - 60" oak & maple fairly often. He needed Chain Bar Repair to custom make a 10 foot bar for a monster stump. He uses a magnet to hold the center up until it is supported in the wood. I was covered a chance to see and make a video of this but was unable to get there. He has had no issue with double power heads but has a helper handle and auxiliary oiler setup as well for single unit cuts.