High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

1128 Series Month

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just not consistent to compare saws Dave. But great wood to try saws in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not Redbull lol I like to test my saws in something that gives them a workout. I like a good clean pine log too just for speed test.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At least it's wood at all. Logs this size are hard to come by free.

I find people are happy to give it away cuz no one can move it and most people's big saws are 50cc... Fortunately I have equipment that can move it, so I end up with a lot of it.
My dad has some large consistent oak at his place if I need to I can grab.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I find people are happy to give it away cuz no one can move it and most people's big saws are 50cc... Fortunately I have equipment that can move it, so I end up with a lot of it.

My neighbor has a very large poplar I'd like to put on the ground.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I need to have a mini gtg at my house to get a very large oak on the ground. I need a few fellas that have alot more experience than me to let me know that I'm doing it right lol.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That big pine log is a better test than a lot of oak. It will gum up the kerf and everything with chips. Cutting big oak isn't that hard compared to softer woods that are sticky.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
3:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That big pine log is a better test than a lot of oak. It will gum up the kerf and everything with chips. Cutting big oak isn't that hard compared to softer woods that are sticky.
I agree. Alota loblolly here and once it sets up and starts to turn to lighter pine it will eat a chain up

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Moving the subject off from test wood :) and back onto 1128 chainsaws! So now I've got my 044 stripped and I await the arrival of the 460 jug, I wanted to ask you guys about this feature with the way the output and the ignition side of the crank casings are cast......see right here:

base4.jpg
in other words, is it just my 044 casings, that don't align too good......there must be about a 2-3mm misalignment step as pointed to by those green arrows.....what's the deal here fellas?

Second question, while I'm in an arty-farty mood I annotated another pic of the top of the crank flange:

base3.jpg

on my 044, not all of the flange is bored out circular (i.e. the red shaded areas). You can see why - if it was then it would infringe on the thickness of the material used in the casings for the bearing bosses (output side) and the case side wall (ignition side). Is this a feature you see on a lot of saws - due to space and wall thicknesses being at a premium?

Wondered if anyone else had ever pondered these weird and wonderful matters.......(*confused emoji*)..

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm all for getting together like last year Dan.
After the heat breaks, lets see if we cant get our 90cc saws lined up and load them good

I need to have a mini gtg at my house to get a very large oak on the ground. I need a few fellas that have alot more experience than me to let me know that I'm doing it right lol.
If you were closer to me, I'd be there with my saws and a case of XXX's ............... we would knock down both, that tree and you !!

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm all for getting together like last year Dan.
After the heat breaks, lets see if we cant get our 90cc saws lined up and load them good

If you were closer to me, I'd be there with my saws and a case of XXX's ............... we would knock down both, that tree and you !!
*s-word yeah!

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Moving the subject off from test wood :) and back onto 1128 chainsaws! So now I've got my 044 stripped and I await the arrival of the 460 jug, I wanted to ask you guys about this feature with the way the output and the ignition side of the crank casings are cast......see right here:

View attachment 78189
in other words, is it just my 044 casings, that don't align too good......there must be about a 2-3mm misalignment step as pointed to by those green arrows.....what's the deal here fellas?

Second question, while I'm in an arty-farty mood I annotated another pic of the top of the crank flange:

View attachment 78190

on my 044, not all of the flange is bored out circular (i.e. the red shaded areas). You can see why - if it was then it would infringe on the thickness of the material used in the casings for the bearing bosses (output side) and the case side wall (ignition side). Is this a feature you see on a lot of saws - due to space and wall thicknesses being at a premium?

Wondered if anyone else had ever pondered these weird and wonderful matters.......(*confused emoji*)..

IMG_0172.JPG IMG_0171.JPG

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 78189

View attachment 78190

Mine looked the same way. Didn't think much bout it just threw another top end on it