High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
044 or 290 carb and intake seems about right. The jug inside will be meeting liquid steel next time it comes out. Not sure what to do with the piston. Could run it or swap it out for a windowed version.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I will say for a beater cheap saw... an 025 isnt bad. I almost enjoy them....ALMOST.

Muffler mod, switch to 3/8LP and leave them alone. Race saws they are not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
There AV sucks IMO. They don't bring much. Rebuilt many 025/250's. They do good with a muff mod, sure. The Raisman jugs out run the factory ones witch is not the norm. More compression and better timing to start. They port OK. OEM ports better. More meat in the casting.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
4:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If an ms180 can be built to smoke 200t's then I suppose it is theoretically possible.
Treemonkey has the recipe for the ms250 that'll wow ya..
The stock timing #'s are pretty racey already.
It's a matter of carbing it to feed the little monster.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
4:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Levi raised the transfers too.

Don't ask how.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Indeed...

Like it don't matter if ya got the fastest damn 365 around, if that mf'er won't start in the finals...

Still lol'ing about that one.
Sure was a lot of fast saws there.
Lol, yeah he had a rough day

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There AV sucks IMO. They don't bring much. Rebuilt many 025/250's. They do good with a muff mod, sure. The Raisman jugs out run the factory ones witch is not the norm. More compression and better timing to start. They port OK. OEM ports better. More meat in the casting.
If i build one and toss it in the truck...never lasts more than a week at $125-150

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
2:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Treemonkey has the recipe for the ms250 that'll wow ya..
The stock timing #'s are pretty racey already.
It's a matter of carbing it to feed the little monster.
I suppose it depends on which cylinder is used. I have two 42.5mm cylinders sitting in front of me, one has double transfer channels with 20° blowdown while the other has quads with 32° blowdown. Both have same exhaust with intake opening being one degree higher on the quad cylinder.

20180225_211247.jpg

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on which cylinder is used. I have two 42.5mm cylinders sitting in front of me, one has double transfer channels with 20° blowdown while the other has quads with 32° blowdown. Both have same exhaust with intake opening being one degree higher on the quad cylinder.

View attachment 113857
What jug do you think is better Jim?
I doubt Scott will chime in with any tips.
Seems few of these have been built.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What jug do you think is better Jim?
I doubt Scott will chime in with any tips.
Seems few of these have been built.
Out of the box I'm assuming the one with 20° BD. I put one together not too long ago with the 20° and it was a real impressive runner. I can only assume because a couple other "so so" runners I've experienced may or may not have had the other cylinder..I never thought of checking at the time.

For building one as hot as possible I imagine I'd go with the quad and raise the uppers. While doing that I'd shape the entry with a nicer ramp than the square angle it has.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I noticed a way to boost compression using a 44mm husky 350 piston, where the pin to crown height is taller by 1mm. The ring pin lands above the intake at bdc, the skirt is 1.95mm deeper, and I believe it has enough meat around the skirts for the OD to be machined down to the right size.
I think it might be better than going two piece head because the longer skirt makes it possible to enlarge the intake nearly twice the size to accommodate a larger carb.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed a way to boost compression using a 44mm husky 350 piston, where the pin to crown height is taller by 1mm. The ring pin lands above the intake at bdc, the skirt is 1.95mm deeper, and I believe it has enough meat around the skirts for the OD to be machined down to the right size.
I think it might be better than going two piece head because the longer skirt makes it possible to enlarge the intake nearly twice the size to accommodate a larger carb.
I'd imagine you have to trim the skirts to miss the crank if they are much longer

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd imagine you have to trim the skirts to miss the crank if they are much longer
That was the last thing I checked before mentioning it. It looks like the inside edge may need beveled a little bit. Even if it does need trimmed it shouldn't be enough to throw it out of whack.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It still needs a v-stack and clutch side cover, but I'd say it isn't a bad start. I haven't tried boosting compression with a different piston or pop up yet.
The intake was pulling too much sawdust in for doing down cuts.

What chain is that? .325?