Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been invited to speck to a group of folks that are in the Drug Court program here in this district. That's happening next Friday........I'm pretty sure I'll be talking about relapse. It's not the end of the world.........as a matter of fact it can be the very thing that ends up giving the recovering addict long term sobriety. But.......without an honest desire to be open about it.........it can be deadly. Secrets lose their power once they are exposed to the light.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy,

Sorry to hear about Jon, I hope Bubba and your daughter are doing okay.

I tore a hip flexor running track in college, I could barely lift my leg to go up steps. Rest is what you need, has anyone mentioned ultrasound?

They are here with Glenda and I, and they are just fine.....

Ultrasound........that sounds pricey. :D

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, I can't even imagine how hard it is for you to go through this. I would love to come help out in the shop but about all I'd be able to do is sweep up and change the light bulbs. Other than that likely break more than I fixed.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just took my annual test today, kinda weird.

I'm sure you and Jon have a good relationship, this phase will pass and all will be well. It may take a little time, but hopefully you guys can work it out.

Cliff

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mr. Randy Im praying for you and Jon and the rest of your family. Cliff

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just took my annual test today, kinda weird.

I'm sure you and Jon have a good relationship, this phase will pass and all will be well. It may take a little time, but hopefully you guys can work it out.

Weird?
2 lines?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i didnt follow it either

pa-aaronq

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welp.......back from another exam. Same diagnosis. Badly ripped groin muscle.

He said he does not think I need surgery. He gave me some steroids to jump start the healing process. And......he told me to try and stay horizontal for a few days.

After I start healing a little, stretching exercises are in my future.
I know this is unsolicited advice but whenever I have a bad sprain/tear I use lots of ice and ibuprofen to get the inflammation out of the affected area. Once the swelling/inflammation goes down, do some slow deep stretches. Stretching can prevent probably 90% of muscle strains. hope u feel better soon. Sounds like you had a Mack truck full of problems blindside u

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he is saying you are pregnant, Deets. Guess you and the shower drain switched rolls.

I LOL'ed at this..... twice.....

Randy, I tore my left groin almost a year ago and it is still not right.... kinda like a roller coaster ride of ups and downs.... gets better then worse....
NO FUN at all though. Take it easy for a bit if ya can. Thoughts and prayers on the other situation.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your not alone Sucks when its family.I have 4 brothers that have let thier addictions drive a wedge in between us.I want to be around them to be a positive influence but its a ongoing struggle thats done nothing but seperated them away from me.I find it easier to just leave the door open for them to use.He knows where to meet you to cross that bridge.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy, could not read this w/o feeling your pain, best of Luck with it my friend.

Just 3 weeks ago, one of my good friends that grew up in my neighborhood lost his nephew to addiction ... specifically a heroin OD. He was in his 20s, there are just no words to console the parents.

Focus on what you can improve, and let the rest pass, it is all that we can do. Unfortunately, sometimes you can not save people from themselves. The best you can do is to be strong and set a good example.

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I told him that even if he couldn't pass the drug test.......we could work it out. I also told him that if he refused to take it.........it would be impossible to repair the loss in trust.

He chose not to take it.
I feel your pain Randy. I lost my relationship with my brother over his drug use. I don't tolerate anyone around me that chooses that lifestyle.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get well bud. Best of luck through your recovery and collateral challenges.